Match thread: Tottenham vs Swansea (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was happier with AVB's substitute decisions today. All positive and designed to help us control the game (and I'm including Parker under that umbrella), and ensured that we were able to finish a tight game on our terms for a change.

I was happier with AVB's substitute decisions today. All positive and designed to help us control the game (and I'm including Parker under that umbrella), and ensured that we were able to finish a tight game on our terms for a change.
If we had conceded in stoppage time then everyone would be bitching about how we shouldn't have taken Dembele off, how Parker is past it, and how Siggy was a waste of money.

Conversely, if we had not conceded two flukey goals within the space of one minute against Everton, people would have been praising AVB's focus on giving youth players a shot, and running out Falque for his first PL win.

He wasn't super cold though. He went over to check on Michu as soon as everything was clear. He's such a fucking boss. :llorisserious:
He wanted to finish him off while the ref was distracted with Townsend making his best Ronaldo impression, but then Swansea players alerted the ref to what Hugo was about to do and the whistle was blown...

If we had conceded in stoppage time then everyone would be bitching about how we shouldn't have taken Dembele off, how Parker is past it, and how Siggy was a waste of money.

It depends on the nature of the substitution really. Bringing on Townsend late showed our intention to keep attacking them hard, while bringing on a player like Parker when Dembele goes off ensures that our passing remains responsible and the side doesn't lose any dynamism.

In the past, AVB's opting to bring on players like Hudd and Livermore has effectively served to surrender tempo and control over the game as both lose the ball a little too often for my liking when the opponent is pressing and not giving them space. Today AVB at least ensured that the players taking the baton from Dembele, Ade etc. would bring bite and intensity and that we wouldn't end up sitting back, and I think it worked.

It depends on the nature of the substitution really. Bringing on Townsend late showed our intention to keep attacking them hard, while bringing on a player like Parker when Dembele goes off ensures that our passing remains responsible and the side doesn't lose any dynamism.

In the past, AVB's opting to bring on players like Hudd and Livermore has effectively served to surrender tempo and control over the game as both lose the ball a little too often for my liking when the opponent is pressing and not giving them space. Today AVB at least ensured that the players taking the baton from Dembele, Ade etc. would bring bite and intensity and that we wouldn't end up sitting back, and I think it worked.
Sorry, but I'm still getting a strong odor of confirmation bias tingling in my nose.

That reminds me… @ Sibs Sibs what is the latest on this?

drive-jacket.png

Not read through this yet but...

I said we'd struggle today, and will do against Stoke. But we got the win in the end and that's what mattered! Thought Townsend looked positive when he came on, and Parker looked SO up for it!

We scored a FK! If only a corner and the world really would end on the 21st!

Atmosphere was appalling, absolutely diabolical.

I'm worried if I'm honest. I've seen lots of 'good fixtures coming up' etc but I think they're the teams we struggle against? The likes of Swansea and Stoke at home, where we haven't been great?
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/fo...on-away-match-thread.4109/page-26#post-178806

Parked the bus, or unable to stretch the game due to our tactics?

They completely parked the bus, they showed after we scored that they could have actually tried to come at us. They had not one shot on target the whole game. We had numerous chances as well, they got in a lot of last ditch blocks. Defoe was pretty wasteful at times too. But our attacks were far from one dimensional as you have said in your earlier post. You have to remember this is a team missing it's key creative influence, and we still managed to control the game and carve out opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom