Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't have a great game, in fact, I thought he was poor again but for balance, this was probably his best game in a Spurs shirt.

reguilon-cricket.jpg

Aurier isn’t ultimately ideal either but high risk, high reward especially when you are gunning for big prizes.
high risk high reward? aurier puts in cross after cross on the money does he? going on like hes TAA...hes a million miles away. what he does do is create panic for his club with his recklessness in and around the box.

burnley quality? i would say more along the lines of gary neville, a solid 7/10 every game with no worry of him costing you in big moments. its more important for defenders to be consistent and reliable than high risk/high reward...even though the reward with aurier is minimal anyway

aurier has been a lot better this season but that moment of sheer stupidness and recklessness still lurks and always will. would be happy for a steady RB who gives a 7 performance every game with no moments of stupidity we constantly have to worry about.
Totally agree. Aurier is a complete liability, I don’t care what anyone says sorry. I can accept he’s had a better season, but moments of madness cost us points and he is so error prone and brainless it’s laughable. Would happily sell Aurier and cut our losses with Doherty. We need a new Right back again.

high risk high reward? aurier puts in cross after cross on the money does he? going on like hes TAA...hes a million miles away. what he does do is create panic for his club with his recklessness in and around the box.

burnley quality? i would say more along the lines of gary neville, a solid 7/10 every game with no worry of him costing you in big moments. its more important for defenders to be consistent and reliable than high risk/high reward...even though the reward with aurier is minimal anyway
Gary Neville is in completely another stratosphere to Doherty. Leave it out.

the fact is Aurier was so bad at points it was literally “anyone will do”.

that Doherty can’t replace him is well... beyond worrying.

Totally agree. Aurier is a complete liability, I don’t care what anyone says sorry. I can accept he’s had a better season, but moments of madness cost us points and he is so error prone and brainless it’s laughable. Would happily sell Aurier and cut our losses with Doherty. We need a new Right back again.
i know, aurier creates anxiety and that shits gonna spread whether we like it or not.

Gary Neville is in completely another stratosphere to Doherty. Leave it out.

the fact is Aurier was so bad at points it was literally “anyone will do”.

that Doherty can’t replace him is well... beyond worrying.
never said doherty was as reliable, i made the point that neville usually gave 7/10 performances, never really outstanding but never a liability either. just what you want from your defenders as a minimum.

The best thing that signing Doherty brought was that it made Aurier up his game. Until Serge realised that he was toss and stopped trying.
Tbf to serge it was one shit moment in a shit team performance. Apart from that he's been head and shoulders above doherty this year.

Back
Top Bottom