Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Equ7mx5XIAEnGkJ
"bat Boss... oi've gaaht a Femily weddin' goin' ohn next week in Blarney'oh'Feckwit... aull ma Cousins are invoited....
Oi've gahtta be dere fur'it, come ahhhn, gimme dis one won'cha know wonchaa... what's a foookin, red between friends in a game ah footie... my cousin will do yer padio for ya, real good proice..."

I jest, of course, I think Matt just wanted a few days off in the new year... don't we all?

"bat Boss... oi've gaaht a Femily weddin' goin' ohn next week in Blarney'oh'Feckwit... aull ma Cousins are invoited....
Oi've gahtta be dere fur'it, come ahhhn, gimme dis one won'cha know wonchaa... what's a foookin, red between friends in a game ah footie... my cousin will do yer padio for ya, real good proice..."

I jest, of course, I think Matt just wanted a few days off in the new year... don't we all?
You win
LOL 😆

Unlucky to be sent off. The first yellow was never a booking. The ref today has precious for being a terrible ref.

He’s the new boo boy target though so doesn’t stand much of a chance. Just recovering from covid let’s not forget

He was meant to go to the dressing room after being sent off. Hope standing there does not lead to further punishment although the 4th official should have dealt with that.

He does look a bit of a plodder, doesn't he? Some real sloppy passing and not too sharp defensively. Not so sure he'll improve much either. Harsh red card though.

I'm not planning for Mourinho to be here quite frankly.
Even without Mourinho, he's a player suited to a very specific style. I'm not one of those "not big enough, not strong enough, therefore not good enough" types, so I won't rule him out, but that 4 foot 2 frame of his does worry me.

You're essentially a man down on set pieces, on aerial duels, and open play crosses. Can his overall play make up for that? Maybe, but it's a big ask.

Even without Mourinho, he's a player suited to a very specific style. I'm not one of those "not big enough, not strong enough, therefore not good enough" types, so I won't rule him out, but that 4 foot 2 frame of his does worry me.

You're essentially a man down on set pieces, on aerial duels, and open play crosses. Can his overall play make up for that? Maybe, but it's a big ask.
I think he has enough quality going forward that in the right system he can have a TAA style impact.

We Keep the ball and we foul early and high. Less chances to get the ball in our box.

Is he related to Gary Doherty? I see strong similarities. The Doherty name will forever be attached to "worst ever Spurs players".
I think you’ll find that there are quite a few Doherty’s in Ireland but yes he made a mistake but I’m certainly not going to let that spoil our win
Maybe first on motd?

Back
Top Bottom