Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saints fans said Hojbjerg was wank and Wolves fans were gutted to lose Doherty.

Never trust the opinion of a football fan.

Its not even the blokes lack of physicality there are loads of ways to play a position. I mean look at vedran Corluka not a beast Walker Aurier fullback but class brains and brilliant technique. Actually him as an Aurier rotation would be lovely. As for Docherty sadly I think we need to look at another right back. If we can't get the Walker prototype priorities a technically gifted defensively sound player.

See post above yours.
That there above is a classic case of false equivalence. Like counting Magpies and stepping on cracks in the pavments and good things happening. He is a poor player. I dread to think what Mane would have done to him at Anfield. Shall we look at the quality of oponent them wins with him in the side were against? It odd the hate for Aurier has invest Matt with such responsibility. He is easily the number two RB whatever Serge's manifest faillings.

Theyre basically the same level.
No chance. Serge’s biggest downfall is the random stupid fouls or penalties that he gives up at times. In every other category he is a superior player to Doherty.

I’ve been patient with him and hoping for him to really improve but in every game I see with him starting I think he is just about the weakest player on the pitch.

Such a strange way to end his match today. On a booking and in the 91st minute he goes in for a challenge like that? Just daft.

We definitely have a big issue at RB because it doesn't look like Doherty is really going to suit that position and with Aurier's contract situation there is a big question over him too.

That there above is a classic case of false equivalence. Like counting Magpies and stepping on cracks in the pavments and good things happening. He is a poor player. I dread to think what Mane would have done to him at Anfield. Shall we look at the quality of oponent them wins with him in the side were against? It odd the hate for Aurier has invest Matt with such responsibility. He is easily the number two RB whatever Serge's manifest faillings.
Imagine hating a player so much that hours after we won a difficult game 3-0, you slag him off for not playing against Liverpool in a game we lost anyway.

:harrylol:

I do feel a bit bad for Doherty though, you can tell he’s a decent enough player massively suffering for confidence due to a couple of hiccups he’s had this season and Aurier really stepping up.

Ultimately, though when you make relatively cheap signings within the league you’ll probably have some that go like Hojbjerg and some that go like Doherty. Law of averages.

Still think getting a proper first choice RB should be a priority in the summer. The improvement that Reguilon (pre-current incident) has provided us on the left has been massive, we should be targeting similar for the right.

He was given a complete hospital ball that he had to go in quite hard for tbh. Lucas's shite wee flick was about 40% of the card IMO...which again was harsh...

...or are we still piling on here? Boo hiss. Sacrifice the replacement right back again this year, is it?

Imagine hating a player so much that hours after we won a difficult game 3-0, you slag him off for not playing against Liverpool in a game we lost anyway.

:harrylol:
You know that doesn’t even make sense right. No matter how many laughing harry emoji you use. "You slag him off for not playing in a game we lose" Once we run that through a universal translator we'll get back to you. I asked to imagine him against Mane. See that's simple: no pace poor positional play poor in the air same rash decision making as Aurier. By all means keep pretending he is a better player whilst he keeps playing against Ludogrets and Haifa, Jose clearly knows the limited Aurier is better. Imagine still pretending he is not because you "hate" :auriergrin:

Back
Top Bottom