Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We did not lose this game tonight because of Matt Doherty.
He was hung out to dry in the 1st half but in the second half I can't recall a single issue down our right.
For sure he was skinned for the cross leading to the goal but 9 times out of ten Toby blocks the shot.

Last edited:
I can't work out what Doherty is actually meant to be. He's obviously gash as a traditional right back, but people saying that he was decent as a wing back at Wolves. From what i've seen, he has zero pace, no composure, a poor passer and no real skill. Compare him to Regulion on the other side, it's fucking chalk and cheese.

Aurier is a bit of a liability sometimes, but at least he can both attack and defend, so much better than Doherty.

Fuck him off asap, and put it down to a waste of 13m.

He is just not good enough to play for a team at our level, he played in a system at Wolves where he had plenty defensive cover to allow him to go forward. He should have stayed at Wolves

I'm normally one to give players time to prove themselves and settle, but honestly this bloke is just embarrassing. How he used to be a good player at Wolves I have no idea because he really is shite in almost every department required. Not even Championship standard at this point.

Jose knows

It's pure corruption

If Doherty had a different agent, he'd never be here in the first place
Nah Jose DOESNT know- he brought him here thinking a tall slow RWB would be a good RB and he got it all wrong. It's not corruption- it's an outdated and out-of-touch approach to the game.

We did not lose this game tonight because of Matt Doherty.
He was hung out to dry in the 1st half but in the second half I can't recall a single issue down our right.
For sure he was skinned for the cross leading to the goal but 9 times out of ten Toby blocks the shot.
Not after Sissoko came on, no Because the gap was plugged
Damage had been done by then

Back
Top Bottom