Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m so pleased for the guy , whe he first came he looked out of his depth . He perservered , despite all the crap he received got his act together and began to show his worth . Then he got the serious injury which took him a long time to get over .
If he continues to play like he did tonight it will make a big difference to our game. We are now playing with a proper wing back

Lads, it's Everton.

Perfect level-opponent for Doherty + up against Séamus Coleman.

He didn't really put in a wrong foot today, and kept Dwight McNeil in check.

Deserves a run of being first choice RWB if his body can handle it. 👍

6LPGM7S.png

- A 5 month injury lay-off with a nasty injury?
- The fact that until his injury, Doh was first choice?
- Conte's comments in recent weeks?
- The fact that playing him 3 times in a week when he's fresh out of rehab would be v.stupid?

Yeh.... You're def. missing something.

How the fuck is all this going over so many heads on TFC? :mourcheeks:
yeah but that twat has no brain in his head

Never want to see Emerson starting in an important game ever.
How he got in over Doc is beyond me.

Conte doesn’t change anything too frequently, but more importantly Doherty had a major surgery and took time to get back to fitness. He probably could have played a little bit ago, but I don’t think Conte would make a change like that until he felt like his hand was forced or until he trusts a player enough again.

Considering I thought he was one of our worst signings, he completely won me over before he got knobbled against Villa. He played well today and should keep his place when Emerson's suspension is spent.

such a fucking difference having an actual RWB play in the RWB position. yea doherty makes mistakes, but he makes them trying to do the right thing most of the time. hes a big presence out there. when he goes direct hes ruthless with it, theres no messing about its direct and to the point. we are a much better team with him in it.

with doc full fit and kulu fully fit we will be absolutely flying and a force for any team in europe.

i actually believe our first 11 is second to only city in europe. we got 3-4 very good options from the bench too now. upgrade dier and we get a few % even closer to city.

Back
Top Bottom