Matt le Tissier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its all opinions of course on what he would or wouldn't have gone on to do but I just think like a Coutinho or a Bale with us under AVB he thrived because of the system he was in where he basically could do and try anything he wanted due to the severe lack of attacking quality around him and a club that was annually struggling for their top flight lives. Has Coutinho suddenly become a rubbish player? No, its just that in Spain he wasn't the guy in the team that the ball consistently went through. He wasn't the guy that took all the set pieces and with players around him like Messi, Griezman, Suarez, Dembele and a manager that asked him to do a role in left midfield, all of a sudden he looked a shadow of the player he was at LFC. I think LeTissier would've gone the same way once he left and I think deep down he knew it too and thrived in his new founded freedom where he was able to express himself fully and through that his finishing (which was exceptional) thrived. Never under estimate the role systems can play in inhibiting talented players and vice versa (in reverse see Zaha at Palace vs Utd......100M player now lmao)

Odd that he says he was a boyhood Spurs fan. I always got the opposite feeling both from his playing days and later punditry. Always seemed bitter when referring to Tottenham. I wonder is there more of a story regarding being signed by us?

Some of the goals he scored were outrageous. But when called up for England he was largely ineffective.

SeriousDeliciousBee-size_restricted.gif

If SkySports weren't going to sack him.. they would now! Or is he spouting this shit now cus he isn't employed. What a horrible thing to use in an argument. Deserves the backlash

I had him as better than that. Gone way down in my estimation with such a cheap shot that he obviously thought witty and wise. Wrong Matt, stick to football.
:mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom