Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we buy players better than the returning Vertonghen, Dembele, Wanyama, Dier and Lamela though?

Only then, should we buy. None of this Callum Wilson type bollocks.

CM is the issue, Dembele is apparently off, Wanyama seems to have a long standing knee issue, Dier will help but is a DM not really a CM, Skipp also a DM I believe.

Winks and Sissoko have performed great but need competition/backup of a high standard. With Son off to the Asian games and Lamela with injuries an extra attacker wouldn’t go amiss but I think we will survive unless we get unlucky additional injuries.

For me I’d rather get 1 top class CM rather than 2-3 players that are good but not great. We have a class first 11 generally and need quality not quantity to improve. Like it or not but Liverpool have shown adding just 1-2 players in key weak areas changes the dynamic of the team. Think of this team with a De Jong or Ndombele, won’t happen but if it did that extra quality will help against top opposition.

CM is the issue, Dembele is apparently off, Wanyama seems to have a long standing knee issue, Dier will help but is a DM not really a CM, Skipp also a DM I believe.

Winks and Sissoko have performed great but need competition/backup of a high standard. With Son off to the Asian games and Lamela with injuries an extra attacker wouldn’t go amiss but I think we will survive unless we get unlucky additional injuries.

For me I’d rather get 1 top class CM rather than 2-3 players that are good but not great. We have a class first 11 generally and need quality not quantity to improve. Like it or not but Liverpool have shown adding just 1-2 players in key weak areas changes the dynamic of the team. Think of this team with a De Jong or Ndombele, won’t happen but if it did that extra quality will help against top opposition.
I agree but that CM will not be let go in January.

No team will sell their top class CM in Jan unfortunately - this should have been done in the summer

No team will sell their top class CM in Jan unfortunately - this should have been done in the summer

Yeh unless you pay over the odds and even then probably a Keita deal to sell later on.

That being said if we got De Ligt and Ndombele for next season early knowing that Dembele and Toby might be off that would be great but I know I am dreaming.

Yeh unless you pay over the odds and even then probably a Keita deal to sell later on.

That being said if we got De Ligt and Ndombele for next season early knowing that Dembele and Toby might be off that would be great but I know I am dreaming.
Dreaming I would say your insane mate not happening you better prepare yourself.:levyeyes:

A lot of what Poch "really means" is often discussed by people claiming to have:
100% faith in poch
and that:
Poch's motives will obviously be more pure & in line with us fans

"My ambition is to win the Champions League one day with Tottenham or the Premier League,"
Poch

Yet:
There is no strong logical reason to have faith in us regularly winning titles in the coming years

"Sometimes the people take it wrong, my words. 'Oh the manager doesn't want to win the FA Cup or disrespects the competition the Carabao Cup or FA Cup'.
"No, no, no, no, no. It is the opposite. I respect a lot.

"But my ambition is to win the Champions League one day or the Premier League.

Hold on:
Is there a law that you must finish in midtable to win a domestic cup?
Dunno, why dont you ask Poch?

"To win the Carabao Cup and be in the middle of the table in the Premier League I think today we are not talking how we are talking here. I think I was sacked a few years ago.
"If you don't finish how we have finished in the last three seasons and (win) the FA Cup, I don't know if Daniel (Levy, chairman) would have too much patience with me."

Then you have the poster who again is so much in tune with Pochs most inner feelings. But:
Top 4 will be a success for us this season & means poch is doing a very good job.

I think there will be a lot of scraping results this season due to the lack of new signings. Its going to be a case of get 4th & through this season in the new ground. & then don't mess up again in next summers transfer window! If we get top 4 then we would have got away with messing up this summer.

"Of course it is a massive success for the club to be in the Champions League for the third year in a row. But maybe that is not enough, maybe we need to change certain things. For me, it is not enough,"
Poch

:avbshit:

Its ok to disagree with Poch sometimes, which we all clearly do from time to time.
Really, its fine.

:pochbye:

One player I never really had a lot of time for TBH. I didn't like the way he left, or the way he came back. And then stating that he was a Spam supporter when he signed for them, after professing he supported Spurs when he played for us. He's got a sly look about him, and now he puts the boot in. Not a legend in my book.

Its the eyes Mrs P. Too close together!

I must say, at the risk of getting dragged into the 'argument that will never end', that's the clearest indication from Poch that he wants spending.

That's not to say Levy doesn't agree with him though. They're likely working out how to go about making the right acquisitions.
If people still want to say that Poch doesn't want to spend then they are even more retarded than I thought.

I think Poch mentioning how ahead of schedule the project is is key. The need to spend isn't that great if the targets are already being met and exceeded.
IMO though we really should adjust our targets simply because of the quality we now have which we may not have again for a while (Kane for example is a once in a lifetime player).

One player I never really had a lot of time for TBH. I didn't like the way he left, or the way he came back. And then stating that he was a Spam supporter when he signed for them, after professing he supported Spurs when he played for us. He's got a sly look about him, and now he puts the boot in. Not a legend in my book.

From Sheringham himself: "I supported the club (West Ham) as a kid, and this is probably a good opportunity to clear up that situation, as it does get misconstrued at times! My brother took me to West Ham on the North Bank when I was around eight or nine, and that is my first footballing memory. Then when I started playing for Tottenham as a schoolboy, they would give us free tickets for matches and my support for them obviously developed"

Which is fair enough. I don't think he has any great loyalty to any one club these days, given that he always talks of Spurs and West Ham as "they" rather than "we" as a supporter would. That article in the Standard isn't too bad, but I'm certainly not impressed with the final quote "You can’t turn down the chance to join Manchester United as a player and it must be exactly the same as a manager,” .

:dembelefingers:

If people still want to say that Poch doesn't want to spend then they are even more retarded than I thought.

I think Poch mentioning how ahead of schedule the project is is key. The need to spend isn't that great if the targets are already being met and exceeded.
IMO though we really should adjust our targets simply because of the quality we now have which we may not have again for a while (Kane for example is a once in a lifetime player).
Are you sure you have read every word of that? He says "in the future".

Back
Top Bottom