Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

52810369_1206426192849383_5457455354927382528_o.png

Timing, magnifico :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of raw passion and emotion from the gaffer. I loved seeing him show how much he cares about what happened
Nothing wrong?

He himself admitted that he lost control today. Regardless of what Dean said or how much we liked seeing it, it was not a good look and very unprofessional.

Hopefully he learns from this and controls himself next time. We always shit on Klopp for being a spastic and always acting like a baby when he loses so personally I can't just look away if Poch also does it.

It wasn’t good to see but that it happened shows us he believed in our title challenge. If this were just a normal fixture he wouldn’t have had a meltdown.

I think to watch the team put in such a limp performance made him very angry and he took it out on the referee.

Nothing wrong?

He himself admitted that he lost control today. Regardless of what Dean said or how much we liked seeing it, it was not a good look and very unprofessional.

Hopefully he learns from this and controls himself next time. We always shit on Klopp for being a spastic and always acting like a baby when he loses so personally I can't just look away if Poch also does it.

Klopp does it time and time again. Pochettino is probably well aware of all the ridiculous decisions Dean has given against us down the years and did it because he felt genuinely hard done by. I'm not being funny but we all know Mike Dean doesn't favour Spurs and I'm glad Poch has made him aware of his dismay. All the great managers have thrown a wobbly once in a while and for me to see Mauricio do this, I know it hasn't come from the mindgames motives that Klopp etc do it with.

He felt aggreived at a shit ref who is known to be pompous & all about himself etc and when you look at the ridiculous decisions we haven't got this year, penalties we should have had (haven't had a home penalty in the League since we played at WHL) I'm glad to see Poch tell it how it is.

He's not an arse, he just got agitated about a decision a referee really shouldn't be making in such an important game. Once again it was the Mike Dean show, surprise surprise

Klopp does it time and time again. Pochettino is probably well aware of all the ridiculous decisions Dean has given against us down the years and did it because he felt genuinely hard done by. I'm not being funny but we all know Mike Dean doesn't favour Spurs and I'm glad Poch has made him aware of his dismay. All the great managers have thrown a wobbly once in a while and for me to see Mauricio do this, I know it hasn't come from the mindgames motives that Klopp etc do it with.

He felt aggreived at a shit ref who is known to be pompous & all about himself etc and when you look at the ridiculous decisions we haven't got this year, penalties we should have had (haven't had a home penalty in the League since we played at WHL) I'm glad to see Poch tell it how it is.

He's not an arse, he just got agitated about a decision a referee really shouldn't be making in such an important game. Once again it was the Mike Dean show, surprise surprise
I agree but I don't think Poch is an arse, I just think he clearly lost control of himself today and hopefully it doesn't happen again!

I hate seeing managers like Klopp constantly whining and blaming others when they lose and one thing I like about Poch is that he is usually humble and honest and want to see that continue.

I agree but I don't think Poch is an arse, I just think he clearly lost control of himself today and hopefully it doesn't happen again!

I hate seeing managers like Klopp constantly whining and blaming others when they lose and one thing I like about Poch is that he is usually humble and honest and want to see that continue.

He's dignified and gracious as a man and manager, it was genuine, raw, impulsive reactions and I'd much rather see that than someone who doesn't care.

Someone's just pointed out on another thread that 9 of our 14 losses this season and last has come when Dean has been in charge. Is that a coincidence or is that something Poch is all too aware of? Let's be honest he's a shocking ref and if there's anyone that deserves a bit of a rollicking from Poch it's probably Dean.

I agree I don't want to see Poch go full on Klopp but occasional moments make me believe he feels hard done by, we don't see it very often

Poch also has to take some responsibility for conceding 5 goals against Wolves and Burnley when it matters.

I think it's more that we threw bodies forward and lost our shape due to chasing both games. Burnley's last goal I don't think happens if we play for a draw, likewise with the 2 Wolves goals once it goes to 1-1.

The league is ruthless, one slip up and it really derails you. The most important thing now is 2 positive results against Chelsea & Woolwich now

I think it's more that we threw bodies forward and lost our shape due to chasing both games. Burnley's last goal I don't think happens if we play for a draw, likewise with the 2 Wolves goals once it goes to 1-1.

The league is ruthless, one slip up and it really derails you. The most important thing now is 2 positive results against Chelsea & Woolwich now

We shouldn't be in a position of chasing both games going for the league. We are lost in defensive midfield and don't keep enough clean sheets. Say what you want about referees. I'm glad Poch is angry as it is how Sir Alex would react if he was third in the league.

But for the record, Sissoko Winks and Eriksen losing shape is a lot different to Dembele Wanyama and Dele losing shape, for example. It is one thing to lose shape. It is another to go for a game and leave tactically inept players in key positions. Also, at 1-0 in the Wolves game he brought on Moura for Alli, and then they scored three. There is nothing wrong with winning a game 1-0.

We don't know how to play for 0-0 or 1-0 in key big games regardless of players formations or opposition, and he did not have that problem when he first came to the club. Granted, he wasn't going for the league title, but he could keep it tight at the back with control of the midfield, even on the attack.

We mustn't forget just how weak our midfield is at the moment. Dier seems to be perpetually ill and Wanyama has lost his legs, Dembele has been sold. We are always going to be flimsy when Eriksen, Winks and Sissoko are the guys in front of our penalty area.

I don't think it's possible to shut games down the way we used to when our power players were in their prime.

Back
Top Bottom