Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went through two windows actually.
John Thomas will be along later to thank you for clarifying that.

I've not read anything that explicitly says Poch feels he hasn't been backed.
Do you think he feels frustrated that we haven't signed anyone in the last 2 transfer windows?
He's still got the contract.
Yes, he does. Now suppose we struggle to do business this summer. How do you think he might feel then?

I don’t think it was obvious and he was just talking generally and maybe didn’t make himself clear especially as English is his 3rd language

Poch knows what he is saying, he always comes out with these cryptic comments at the end of the season. It’s his way of prodding Levy into action.

Now last summer it failed completely but perhaps after the terrible end to the season it will frighten Levy a bit. Certainly the expression on his face in the stands at Bournemouth was one I’ve never seen before, like all of us he felt the top 4 slipping and he looked very scared. We have to do some things differently now and Poch has been saying that for a long time, Levy can no longer argue against it. We don’t need to go crazy but we need to bring the quality of the playing staff in line with the quality of the stadium.

John Thomas will be along later to thank you for clarifying that.

Do you think he feels frustrated that we haven't signed anyone in the last 2 transfer windows?

Yes, he does. Now suppose we struggle to do business this summer. How do you think he might feel then?

You'd have to ask him! My guess it depends on what Levy has said to him. If Levy has said he has x amount to spend and he spends it, then I assume he'll be happy.

If Levy says to him that he has no money to spend and he stays then I assume he's happy while you'll prob try to tell us he isn't.

If Levy says he has x amount to spend and Poch decides he doesn't want to spend it, then I assume he's happy. You'll prob try to say he isn't tho.

We can't know the answers to your questions. What I do know is that it seems Poch will only engineer a move away if he feels promises have been broken...like he did at Southampton to an extent.

While he remains here I can only assume he's ok with whatever him and Levy had, and have, planned.

Excellent interview, I'm sure our ESP boys will read all sorts of shit from it...

He really is a top class person. There's no bullshit with that guy.

They've got a transfer committee there, and I think it is paying dividends. But my original point was that they favour players who, in addition to being able to play a bit, can play at a very high intensity because of their athletic ability. Don't be a micro-dick now, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 -you had no problem praising them last night.
They were fantastic last night, one of the greatest pressing performances I think I've ever seen (because it was constant for the entire game, they didn't fade).

Sissoko is a very athletic player, so too is Dele, Son, Toby, Wanyama (before injury), Sanchez & Lucas. All signed by Poch.

The balance of our team is simply not there this season for a number of combined reasons already discussed, but the result means our press hasn't been there (as high) this season. I like who we are linked within the media at the moment (all very athletic mids to replace the two we've lost) but whether we land any of them is a whole different story.

Sissoko is a very athletic player, so too is Dele, Son, Toby, Wanyama (before injury), Sanchez & Lucas. All signed by Poch.

Yeah, there are different types of athleticism. We have a lot of big, physical players who are still quick for their size and physicality, but we don't have team speed the way Liverpool do. That front three have more pace than anyone in our squad, save perhaps Lucas.

Pochettino really needs to decide if he wants to stay or go.

Simple as now.

There are good young managers out there to be had and while I 100% back his attempts to force spending he can't keep dropping comments.

If it were Mourinho we would be slating him.

They were fantastic last night, one of the greatest pressing performances I think I've ever seen (because it was constant for the entire game, they didn't fade).

The balance of our team is simply not there this season for a number of combined reasons already discussed, but the result means our press hasn't been there (as high) this season. I like who we are linked within the media at the moment (all very athletic mids to replace the two we've lost) but whether we land any of them is a whole different story.
I am not sure Alli would beat Trippier in a foot race.

The thing Dele hasn't gotten enough credit for historically is his size and physicality. He can play bully-ball against any PL midfield. He's got some Dembele-like qualities.

But that side of his game has completely disappeared in recent weeks. The broken hand affecting him would be my guess.

Back
Top Bottom