Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pocochino will never ever put his heart on sleeve, he keeps his own council and will protect our players at all times.
We can see the players who won't be at Spurs next year, and gradually he is showing us he means buisness with getting the remaining squad on board and keeping us relatively happy by playo g the Tottenham way.
I really believe given time this man will bring us Glory back to the Lane COYS

Pocochino will never ever put his heart on sleeve, he keeps his own council and will protect our players at all times.
We can see the players who won't be at Spurs next year, and gradually he is showing us he means buisness with getting the remaining squad on board and keeping us relatively happy by playo g the Tottenham way.
I really believe given time this man will bring us Glory back to the Lane COYS
A totally class act mate agree with all the above .

Really? I thankfully don't know any, as I would take a spade to their skull, how you can be a Poch hater is beyond belief, probably the same cunts who start fights on their own fans after losing a cup final

De Boer was my first choice and I am very happy now we got Poch
we done it before we know but we like it sorry mate
Driving-boar-431x300.jpg

Anyone read the stuff about Poch saying Spurs are family, and how his family were at the QPR game in the stands singing? Bloody love it! He seems to know what Spurs means to us as well as the players and board.

GeorgeHoward GeorgeHoward these ones?

Absolutely love this man. And the fact he doesn't seem to give too much away in the press usually (or spout endless empty platitudes) makes this mean a whole lot more.
If someone like Brendan Rodgers was saying this, you'd just chalk it down to his usual cloying gobshite; but this is starting to feel a bit like a Martin Jol-eque love in.

Personally Poch wasn't my first choice, but I was just happy that we didn't get van Gaal whom I despised from the first minute he started whoring himself out in the press. De Boer I wasn't that sold on either, but I did prefer him to Pochettino who I feared would run into the same player power opposition that AVB allegedly did with us.

Safe to say my concerns have been put to bed and I think a lot of that stems from Poch just being a more likeable man than AVB and more of a footballing person. He's done a great job so far, he really has.

I hope he stays here for the long term, even if there's a few wobbles along the way. He's exactly the type of manager I wanted. Not a gob like Sherwood and not an arrogant petty man like AVB. Just an out and out footballing man who doesn't give a fcuk what media experts and opposition fans and managers think and say.

Still not sold on Poch totally. I think he is tactically naive at times and makes a lot of poor substitutions. I also think he will never be able go build a good defence and that's his biggest downfall. There are certainly many positives and I hope he's given a couple more years to build a team I'm just not convinced he can take us that far. Huge up grade on AVB

Still not sold on Poch totally. I think he is tactically naive at times and makes a lot of poor substitutions. I also think he will never be able go build a good defence and that's his biggest downfall. There are certainly many positives and I hope he's given a couple more years to build a team I'm just not convinced he can take us that far. Huge up grade on AVB
That's why he has a defensive coach!

i love poch. deserves at least 3yrs. my 2 concerns would be a plan b. dont feel he really has 1. but my biggest concern would be this demanding pressing game & extra training type stuff. at espanyol it worked for a bit then the players were exhusted the following season. they were tired & jaded. it could be unsustainable over a long period. i guess thats why u try to get players in who can cope with it. only time will tell.

Plenty of positives regarding Poch IMO. Before Christmas I felt that the team hadn't progressed much - but the last two months have been great even if we lost out in the two cups:

- No more crumbling and humiliating defeats
- The players in the first eleven (and some subs) have clearly bought into the playing style - they believe - and the yid supporters believe !
- Every opponent we play have so much respect that they adapt to us, not the other way around - that makes me proud !
- This spurs team is brave again - we push and press and attack - conceding some goals is a by-effect of course - but who ever became a spurs-supporter because we were so solid at the back

To try and wrap my head around what we can expect from Poch in the future I recently watched the teams of his fellow Argentinian high-pressers:

Simeone's Athletico Madrid vs Valencia (1-1)

and

Bielsa's Olympic Marseilles vs Caen (2-3)

(I should have watched their game on friday I suppopse Toulouse - OM 1-6)

AM : Incredibly aggressive (over the top sometimes) - better at switching btw the high press and defending low than Spurs. Seems that Simeone is more concerned with adapting to other teams strengths/weaknesses than Poch

Maybe Poch will try to emulate this more flexible tactics as he gets warmer in his seat and the team has learned the basics ?

OM: Gung ho ! Team high up the pitch. Imagine Eriksen playing in his usual position in the hole - and he has 4 options ahead of him every time he recieves the ball ! Caen exploited this well with nice counter-attacking and won the game.

One thing to learn from Bielsa I would say: If we are chasing a game or we want to shock an opponent early this ultra-offensive style of play could be effective

Both of these teams are more direct than us (based on watching one game though..). Our passing is perhaps better, but more laboured and catious than these two teams.

Another thing: If we want to buy foreign reinforcements - why not look at players from these two teams first ? They play a similar style to us.

i love poch. deserves at least 3yrs. my 2 concerns would be a plan b. dont feel he really has 1. but my biggest concern would be this demanding pressing game & extra training type stuff. at espanyol it worked for a bit then the players were exhusted the following season. they were tired & jaded. it could be unsustainable over a long period. i guess thats why u try to get players in who can cope with it. only time will tell.

You might have answered your own question on that, young high energy players like Bentaleb are our future who can run all day and play game after game, can't imagine he will run out of steam any time soon. Not sure why we signed Fazio as while he is good he seems a bit at odds with what we are trying to do.

You can't really judge his substitutions - who is he meant to bring on?....

Back
Top Bottom