Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dont_feed_the_troll.jpg

For months you've done nothing but whine when people disagree with you, spouting the same sarcastic, victim mentality bullshit.

Give it a fucking rest.

IMO obviously

Pros:
- Plays attacking football with a system that can be lovely to watch (unlike AVB).
- Promotes young players if they are good enough and does not rely on reputation or price tag as a guide.
- Great fitness work this season and injuries down to a min.
- calm personality doesn't look as flustered as the previous two managers.

Cons:
- some naive team selection e.g against Florentinia in the first leg we should have either played the reserves and made it clear the EL was not a priority or play the full team and go for 3 or 4 goals at home so we can play the reserves in the second leg and rest the first team for the League Cup Final. Instead we played a half and half and did neither, his worst team selection of the season IMO.
- some naive subs such as playing Bobby and Kane at the same time which does nothing but limit Kane as he has to move a mile back and Bobby can't do jack.

(I would add the disclaimer that he is young, at a club for the first season with a sqaud that isn't really his so I think he is entitle to a few errors on the subs/team front, I believe there will be less next year with a better squad and the kinks worked out)

Last edited:
Im trying to get the thread back on topic and would like to see what people think of Poch....BOTH good and not so good.

What would people say are his biggest faults?
You know mine.

His strengths for me is playing or at least implementing The Tottenham way, fitness, youth, mentality, desire, belief, and passion. He put the pride back for me and gave hope.
Still has things to learn. Think he will get there eventually.

Anyone want to add both sides of their coin? Or is there no flip side?

Forget me for a second...lets talk football. Thats what we all want right? Or............

Listen, if you want to only talk about the good results, and good performances then go ahead.

If you want to be a man, and open your eyes, and see that Poch is also a man, not a messiah then we can talk about his flaws too.
I know it doesn't fit your martyr complex, but everyone understands this. What you don't understand is that for the first time in a few years now, we have a manager that people are happy with, that seems to offer us stability and promise, yet all I mostly see from you is complaining. Complaining about no plan B, complaining about his lack of rotation, and complaining why he hasn't fielded Ade amongst others.

Sure, he's not a messiah, he has flaws, but for once we have someone we can start to rally around and you just seemingly want to rain on it every chance you can get.

Sorry if you was skipping through the fields of Utopia after our win at QPR, blissfully unaware that they had the better chances and despite a 25 minute period of second half dominance, we were all over the place.
Maybe I tripped you up, woke you up from your dream, and people dont seem to like that.

Im not claiming to be a voice of reason, simply voicing my opinion.
Sammy, in the nicest way possible, this is 100% absolute bullshit. All you do is position yourself as the voice of reason, and that IS your opinion. The entire way you phrase things (as shown by your exact wording that I'm responding to) is phrased in a way that we are all clueless, uniformed, blind automatons that revel in dreams who all require the cold splash of water on our faces that happens to be called "sammyspurs".

You can sit there and only pay attention to my "negative" posts (while ignoring the praise within them), and thats up to you, but I think 2 days after a win is an ok time to show some balance and discuss the game.
Dont like it? Well close your eyes and continue skipping.
Even your positive posts tend to have a backhanded compliment built into it though, and again, that's bullshit that you wait two days to show "balance".

You know that's crap and I know it as well.

But if we go 3-0 down at Old Trafford, cos Man Utd were able to do the easy part, which QPR couldnt, then dont start crying during the match threads.

Cos thats one thing you dont see me doing, or directly after a loss.

This place is becoming a joke.
I won't cry, trust me on that one. Sure, I will be upset, but we've had other losses and we move on. What I won't do is take it as personal vindication, and I won't brag about how fucking smart I am and how everyone else are just sheep living in a dreamland. If we win, I won't suck off Pochettino either but I will be happy and allow myself and others to have a moment of happiness before I try to shit all over it.

It would just be nice, for once, to actually talk about some of the valid points you make regarding the club without them quickly descending into hyperbole and the same old recycled arguments.

Go and find the posts in a matchday thread where Ive gone mental directly after the whistle or during the game, on a level far beyond anyone else, yourself included.

Thats right Joe...you cant can you.

Fucking hypocrite
No, your style is more akin to the Chinese water torture. It's not an opening of the flood gates, rather just a continual drip, after drip, after drip, after drip, after goddamn drip.

My biggest con sammyspurs sammyspurs is that he wasn't born 20 years before so we could have installed him as boss in 1994 and won everything!!!!

Seriously biggest con maybe some of his substitutions are a bit out of whack he makes them a bit out of order sometimes, Stambouli should have been on earlier at weekend for example

Thing is sammy after last year the positives outweigh the negatives so much that it's very hard not to be so positive and come on here with a dig, I mean Martin Jol is a god at this club 50% because of the mess before him!

I'm pretty sure most of the melting took place in the actual match threads, not on here. Like when people were saying we were in a relegation battle, should get pulis in and couldn't get to 40 points soon enough.
Yeah, that's likely true. In all fairness the match threads do tend to get a little dicey.

- some naive subs such as playing Bobby and Kane at the same time which does nothing but limit Kane as he has to move a mile back and Bobby can't do jack.
Some of his selections have been pretty poor imo. That period of playing Demeble at AM really frustrated me as he just doesn't have the final ball to justify the position, pushing Eriksen out wide and Chadli off the pitch at a point that Chadli was our second most productive (goals/assists) player. Not knocking Dembele as he shouldn't be played there. Everyone dreams of a Moussa with goals but it'll never happen.

Pushing Kane out of position for Ade or Soldado is suicide as well. If Kane is on the pitch, he is #9 and everyone else accommodates him, no question. Having Kane trying to provide service for a striker who can't score is mental.

Also, I don't think we have trained on the break well enough. Every time I see a player pivot on a ball and let people track back when we're c.3 on 3 I want to kick someone in the face.

Other than that, Poch is the fucking Massianic Poohbah Shizzletits and has transformed this team from something that was slowly giving me eye cancer to a very enjoyable spectacle to watch.

Some of his selections have been pretty poor imo. That period of playing Demeble at AM really frustrated me as he just doesn't have the final ball to justify the position, pushing Eriksen out wide and Chadli off the pitch at a point that Chadli was our second most productive (goals/assists) player. Not knocking Dembele as he shouldn't be played there. Everyone dreams of a Moussa with goals but it'll never happen.

Pushing Kane out of position for Ade or Soldado is suicide as well. If Kane is on the pitch, he is #9 and everyone else accommodates him, no question. Having Kane trying to provide service for a striker who can't score is mental.

Also, I don't think we have trained on the break well enough. Every time I see a player pivot on a ball and let people track back when we're c.3 on 3 I want to kick someone in the face.

Other than that, Poch is the fucking Massianic Poohbah Shizzletits and has transformed this team from something that was slowly giving me eye cancer to a very enjoyable spectacle to watch.
The Dembele as an AM thing isn't an attacking change, it's defensive. He's using Dembele as a forward destroyer to break up the shape of the other team. If you think of it more as a 4-3-3 with no AM, I think it's closer to what Pochettino was trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom