Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As our next match is going to be one big media blow job for Jurgen Klopp, this gives Poch the ideal preparation (internationals aside). We are an after thought for many, nothing more than a foot note for the admittedly exciting appointment at Liverpool.

Poch will, I think, use this to our advantage. Liverpool aren't suddenly going to be a great team, any comment on honeymoon periods etc will do well to know that that is a fallacy based on very little evidence.

Our record under Pochettino at home has been okay in general but very good against the best sides in the league, we seem to play with an added intensity, add to that the fact that, I suspect, Liverpool will enter the match as favourites, I can see us coming away from this with three points.

The appointment of Klopp has, by chance, offered Poch a good platform with which to enhance his own credentials.

As our next match is going to be one big media blow job for Jurgen Klopp, this gives Poch the ideal preparation (internationals aside). We are an after thought for many, nothing more than a foot note for the admittedly exciting appointment at Liverpool.

Poch will, I think, use this to our advantage. Liverpool aren't suddenly going to be a great team, any comment on honeymoon periods etc will do well to know that that is a fallacy based on very little evidence.

Our record under Pochettino at home has been okay in general but very good against the best sides in the league, we seem to play with an added intensity, add to that the fact that, I suspect, Liverpool will enter the match as favourites, I can see us coming away from this with three points.

The appointment of Klopp has, by chance, offered Poch a good platform with which to enhance his own credentials.

Liverpool getting a top class manager, and us playing them in their first game under "new manager syndrome" with our only DM, and performer of the season out suspended, benefits us....?

What credentials?

What has he ever achieved as a manager?

Oh I forgot we beat Citeh so suddenly he's the Messiah!
He's just a naughty boy!

:pocheyes:

Liverpool getting a top class manager, and us playing them in their first game under "new manager syndrome" with our only DM, and performer of the season out suspended, benefits us....?

I honestly don't believe in 'New Manager Syndrome' - there was an article recently which I tried to find but can't that stated it was in the region of 15% of new managers win their first match. Clearly most new managers take on teams who are struggling far worse than Liverpool, and with less talent but it isn't a 'thing'

And so far as Liverpool are concerned, you are giving them far too much credit - they scarcely beat Villa at home - regardless of who your manager is, that is not the sign of a team coursing with exceptional players.

Besides, I am pretty sure it is okay to take a positive perspective occasionally.

Whilst i agree with the sentiment of this piece, it's probably a little premature to be hailing the the clubs / fans "patience" with Poch as the reason for our "success". We're only 7 games into his second season in charge and before the Sunderland game people were whispering "3 points from 5" & "Ramos"

I'm not saying he hasn't done a good job, He's given Spurs an identity again and his team is showing bags of potential and stability in a league that is anything but.

But the true test will be the end of this season. Will the baying hordes keep their pitchforks in their closets "if" we finish another season trophyless and in 5th place? Considering that most of them start lighting their torches with baited breath when we draw away at Swansea or Leicester, i'm not sure.

I'm hoping that Poch does enough to keep the fans and media happy this year. My feeling is that the chairman's desire for "stability" going into the new stadium and Poch's fairly decent relationship with the media (don't give them any rope to hang you) make his chances much more favourable.

If the majority of fans can just stay on board and look at the big picture for once then MAYBE we have a chance of holding on to a manager for more than 2 seasons (and one that isn't flirting with the FA out his car window whilst shredding documents with his dogs name on them).

Last edited:
Whilst i agree with the sentiment of this piece, it's probably a little premature to be hailing the the clubs / fans "patience" with Poch as
the reason for our "success". We're only 7 games into his second season in charge and before the Sunderland
game people were whispering "3
points from 5"
& "Ramos"
I'm not saying he hasn't done a good job, He's given Spurs an identity
again and his team is showing bags
of potential and stability in a league that is anything but.
But the true test will be the end of this season. Will the baying hordes

keep their pitchforks in their closets "if" we finish another season trophyless and in 5th place? Considering that most of them start
lighting their torches with baited breath when we draw away at Swansea or Leicester, i'm
not sure.
I'm hoping that Poch does enough to keep the fans and media happy this
year. My feeling is that the
chairman's desire for "stability" going into the new stadium and Poch's fairly decent
relationship with the
media (don't give them any rope to
hang you) make his chances much more favourable.
If the majority of fans can just stay
on board and look at the big picture
for once then MAYBE we have a chance of holding on to a manager for more than 2 seasons (and on
e that isn't flirting with the FA out his
car window whilst shredding documents with his dogs name on them).

A good post then ruined with the dig at the end. Why? It just makes you sound like a fucking idiot.

A good post then ruined with the dig at the end. Why? It just makes you sound like a fucking idiot.

Especially as he wasn't convicted of anything!

Justin you have scraped the bottom of the barrel here and sound like Gibbsy!

Strange as normally you are a good poster.

Well answer it then Danny!

What credentials other than being Levy's poodle?

:pochbye:
Just wondering, are you watching any of our games? Don't you feel the good energi radiating from the the Team and players? Players like Dier who almost rips off his shorts because he received a yellow card and misses the next match? I think for the first time in my 20 years of following Spurs we actually play as a good hardworking TEAM.

Back
Top Bottom