Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst that is true about Southampton becoming the Scousers feeder club. Poch was the first one to leave before any of the players were sold off. Arguably if he'd have stayed the players might have done as well.

I think we currently are a 'big' enough club for him to stick around with, his project with us is coming along nicely. The conditions on offer to him won't be matched at the Chavs or Real.
Poch left Southampton because the Board sacked Nicola Cortese. Cortese was the man that masterminded their revival and he appointed Poch to the damnation of fans and press alike, how dare he sack Adkins?. Poch bought into Cortese's vision and ambitious plans for the club. When Cortese's job was threatened following the death of Markus Liebher (owner of Southampton) Poch came out and publicly gave his support for Cortese and said he would resign if Cortese was fired.
The rest they say is history, they fired Cortese, the vision and plan was ripped up, Poch left. Since leaving they sold all of their best players, they have gone backwards Poch knew what was coming that is why he ain't at Southampton. Mauricio Pochettino will leave Southampton if Nicola Cortese quits the club

I'd say Chavs are the complete opposite of what is MP. They have lots of decent youngsters who never get a look in. He could start putting them in. However, could you imagine the backlash from the fans if there was not immediate success and big name signings after he jogs on players the 'fans' love.

They wouldn't even need him because they need to rely on their academy and younger, cheaper players for a while. Even whilst building a new stadium.
What players in their team have come through the Chelsea ranks, Terry?
They could do what MP does now and would probably be in a much better position to. Yet they sell them.
As for Man U, I can't see it happening either. They want titles and european cups and are not willing to wait.
The entire happiness of their fan base depends on it.
Even in Van Gaal was play great football and getting the same results they would not be happy.
They finished 4th last season, in transition and that was a failure.
They are not willing to give Van Gaal time to find the right formula even though they are 5 points of fourth with 30 points to play for.
They feel they have a God given right to be winning all the time and winning fantastically as they are the mighty Man U, who have of course never gone through a shit period when being the biggest club in England.

What Poch does both Van Gaal or Mourinho or even Hiddink could do or have done. Why not? Because it takes time and is not certain enough.

But this is football and you never know.
I feel though that Poch is a man who sees through his plans. He only left SFC because of his relationship with the owner.
I feel he will want to finish what he starts. If he has success with us and we are doing ok when we move why would he want to leave?

Last edited:
Most fun I've had in years BUT is this more fun than 09/10, dunno

That was more unexpected. to be sure. This doesn't feel like that, at all. I don't get the sense of this team defying the odds. Over the summer this team just suddenly became a properly devastating football team. It's like everything we were told was the right way suddenly became proven correct all at once, instead of in a slow evolution.

Poch left Southampton because the Board sacked Nicola Cortese. Cortese was the man that masterminded their revival and he appointed Poch to the damnation of fans and press alike, how dare he sack Adkins?. Poch bought into Cortese's vision and ambitious plans for the club. When Cortese's job was threatened following the death of Markus Liebher (owner of Southampton) Poch came out and publicly gave his support for Cortese and said he would resign if Cortese was fired.
The rest they say is history, they fired Cortese, the vision and plan was ripped up, Poch left. Since leaving they sold all of their best players, they have gone backwards Poch knew what was coming that is why he ain't at Southampton. Mauricio Pochettino will leave Southampton if Nicola Cortese quits the club
Didn't they sell a handful of their best the season before Poch left, or am I thinking of the same summer that Poch left that they started selling their best?

Tottenham cancel Mauricio Pochettino press conference amid Chelsea and Man Utd interest

Disgraceful journalism... How the fuck do they get paid for this stuff?!
b605b4c53fab71080cc5a96119320f53.gif

Former Chelsea and Manchester United midfielder Ray Wilkins said on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Thursday morning (January 28) that he does not see Mauricio Pochettino leaving Tottenham Hotspur.

Pochettino was appointed the Tottenham head coach in the summer of 2014 and has a contract until June 2019.

The Argentine has done a great job at Spurs so far, and his work at White Hart Lane has reportedly attracted interest from bigger clubs in the Premier League.

According to The London Evening Standard, both Chelsea and Manchester United have long-term interest in Pochettino.

Wilkins, though, does not see the former Southampton boss leaving Spurs and said on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Thursday morning (January 28): “I don’t see him moving. I think he is doing a fantastic job.

“The great thing about him as well is you need an opportunity to play and he gives these young men the chance to play.”

Former Tottenham goalkeeper Brad Friedel also believes that Pochettino will not leave White Hart Lane.

“Mauricio is a family man, he is a loyal man,” the former USA international said on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Friday morning (January 29).

“As long as things are kicking along nicely for him and he is getting along with everyone at the club, I think he will be happy to build things there.”

Tottenham finished fifth in the Premier League last season and are likely to end up in the top four this campaign.

The North London outfit have played brilliantly so far this campaign, and they could even win the league title.

Chelsea and United are bigger clubs than Tottenham, but it would be best for Pochettino if he remains at White Hart Lane.

After all, the Argentine has been able to create a team at Spurs in his own image and is building something special.

Former Chelsea and Manchester United midfielder Ray Wilkins said on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Thursday morning (January 28) that he does not see Mauricio Pochettino leaving Tottenham Hotspur.

Pochettino was appointed the Tottenham head coach in the summer of 2014 and has a contract until June 2019.

The Argentine has done a great job at Spurs so far, and his work at White Hart Lane has reportedly attracted interest from bigger clubs in the Premier League.

According to The London Evening Standard, both Chelsea and Manchester United have long-term interest in Pochettino.

Wilkins, though, does not see the former Southampton boss leaving Spurs and said on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Thursday morning (January 28): “I don’t see him moving. I think he is doing a fantastic job.

“The great thing about him as well is you need an opportunity to play and he gives these young men the chance to play.”

Former Tottenham goalkeeper Brad Friedel also believes that Pochettino will not leave White Hart Lane.

“Mauricio is a family man, he is a loyal man,” the former USA international said on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Friday morning (January 29).

“As long as things are kicking along nicely for him and he is getting along with everyone at the club, I think he will be happy to build things there.”

Tottenham finished fifth in the Premier League last season and are likely to end up in the top four this campaign.

The North London outfit have played brilliantly so far this campaign, and they could even win the league title.

Chelsea and United are bigger clubs than Tottenham, but it would be best for Pochettino if he remains at White Hart Lane.

After all, the Argentine has been able to create a team at Spurs in his own image and is building something special.
Source for that, Arty?

Well that didn't take long now, did it? :pochlol:

Already asked about the Chelsea job today in the press conference.

I'm expecting him to be asked about the United job next week, maybe the City job the week after, followed by the Real Madrid job the week after that when Marca starts reporting Zidane has lost the dressing room... :pochrolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom