Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As we were watching the scenes, after the match, with Poch hugging all the players, my mate said that Poch looked so fucking proud. He did. The thing is though, with most people in most professions, you'd expect said person to be proud of what HE has accomplished.

I truly believe from the comments coming from both Poch and the players, as well as the post-match footage today, that Poch is first and foremost proud on behalf of these young lads. What they've sacrified with his few days off, three sessions a day in the summer, rigid training regime, and then the net result culminating today. The fact that the success of those lads means Poch is a success himself comes second to him. He wants people to develop through hard work and smart decisions, and is proud when they do so. They sense this, and that's why they'll run through a brick wall for him (and by extension us).

You really know when you're upsetting the powers that be when all Sky seemed to want to discuss, and I lost count of repeated super-slow motion replies of it, was the penalty decision.

If they could perhaps of shown multiple angles of Toure's two blatant yellow card challenges, and pondered why Clattenburg failed to respond to either appropriately that might have varied the narrative....they might have asked Pellegrini too, see if he's wailing and nashing of teeth about the ref stretched to criticising him for this also.

We won, we were superior, we were and are classier.

Today is a good day, even the arse winning can't dampen my mood.

Haha. Fair play to him, which I have never said about a Red Top jorno before, as I got into a twitter chat with him this evening about his previous article. He still thinks it was a sideways move which has me baffled, but he was repentant on his assessments of Poch.

If he thinks Southampton to Tottenham is a sideways move, he shouldn't be in football journalism. No understanding of the present or the past. It's just ignorance. I hope you tweeted he was a cunt?

If he thinks Southampton to Tottenham is a sideways move, he shouldn't be in football journalism. No understanding of the present or the past. It's just ignorance. I hope you tweeted he was a cunt?
The temptation was overwhelming, but seeing he was being polite and engaging I just had to remind him that they are yet to beat us in the PL, and never finished above us, despite having Sherwood and AVB as our managers. He is a cunt though.

That article is comedy gold.

Now Tottenham’s workhorses head into the final furlongs as serious title contenders alongside Woolwich’s thoroughbreds and Leicester’s formbook-shredding stayers.
Nothing thoroughbred about the Woolwich, more like lame ducks. They've not won the league in over 10+ years.

Then this...
Woolwich boast seven players – Petr Cech, Danny Welbeck, Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Mathieu Flamini, Olivier Giroud and Tomas Rosicky – who have won titles in Europe’s five major leagues.

In Tottenham’s squad only Toby Alderweireld, a bit-part player with Atletico Madrid in 2014, can say the same.
Last time I checked Vertonghen and Eriksen have also won league titles. Which I would class ahead of Ligue Un. Or are we re-writing top five European Leagues to include French football which is no better than SPL? I seem to remember Ajax schooling both Utd & City in the CL with Toby, Jan and Eriksen in the sides.

The temptation was overwhelming, but seeing he was being polite and engaging I just had to remind him that they are yet to beat us in the PL, and never finished above us, despite having Sherwood and AVB as our managers. He is a cunt though.

We have lost to Southampton in the premier league a number of time I'm afraid

Back
Top Bottom