Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho was still available as it (utd) was announced before the end of season.

Apparently Jose cried when he was overlooked in favour of Moyes, as he thought he was a sure thing due to being mates with SAF
I get the feeling Man U were being picky at first and JM's reputation for negative football and upsetting people didn't fit. So they went for a long term appointment intended to be the new Fergie in Moyes. As we know, the long term appointment lasted a season, and they went for a manager offering more prospect of immediate success, though still someone expected to front the club with dignity. That still didn't work so then its "send for Mourinhio!"

Mauricio Pochettino hits out at 'fake' managerial niceties

I have grown to like Pochettino although I do wish he would see our need for a 3rd striker and try to take the domestic cups more seriously but his comments here are absolutely on the same lines as me.

Fcuk any team that beats us to something like the title and stick your wine where the sun don't shine if we have been acting like a pair on the touchline

Awesome read, the guy is a legend! It's nice to know he feels it as much as we do!
All I want for Christmas is for Poch to stay at spurs for ever!
Please Santa........
:pochsulk:

Genuinely have no idea mate, not sure if there is an official definition either. But for me if the ball is crossed and is not cleared and it results in another or other attempts on goal I'd still call it the result of the corner/cross, ball is still in play and still active.

An extreme example would be this cross (you have to assume that the cross was a dead ball of course) in the Accrington Stanley vs Crawley Town game from the weekend. I'd say this is all part of a single piece of play and as a result of the cross, ball not cleared. You say wee tomato and I say tomato.

so we loaned janssen out?

sorry could resist....COYS!!!

We haven't been fun to watch (bar Man City, which was exciting due to their horrendous defending) - since Stoke away last season when we just ripped them apart.

A good defence will see us NOT lose games. Which unfortunately isn't the same as WINNING games - will be interesting to see what Pochettino says. He has been pretty spot on with his interviews after the likes of West Brom and Bournemouth.

He doesn't tend to blame it on one of them days like some managers we've had previously and usually says it up front that we weren't good enough. Hope he says the same. We were dreadful.

At the end of the day, Pochettino since arriving has turned us into a team that can get points out of games that we'd USUALLY go on to lose but I think games like today, West Brom and Bournemouth have shown that really we haven't improved on last season at all. Where as the likes of City, Liverpool, Woolwich and even Chelsea CLEARLY have. We are only 9 games in and the chances are that we WILL improve, especially as Alderweireld and Kane are still to come back into the team but we have seen ZERO improvement on last season yet this season with a quarter of the season gone.

Back
Top Bottom