Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This actually surprises me given how defensively solid we have become, and how many silly goals Woolwich concede early on before coming back into matches.

We did turn around an awful lot of deficits in Poch's first season though: we've conceded only 22 goals so far this season, but had conceded 45 goals at this point in 2014/15.

This actually surprises me given how defensively solid we have become, and how many silly goals Woolwich concede early on before coming back into matches.

We did turn around an awful lot of deficits in Poch's first season though: we've conceded only 22 goals so far this season, but had conceded 45 goals at this point in 2014/15.

What scares me about this statistic though is that every ounce of experience and logic suggests that this sort of statistic is something that will eventually level out and start to bite you in the ass at some point in the future. Conceding first is never something you want to do in any match. But the more time passes, the more you think he's just instilled maybe that personality of never say die! I hope it's that mentality of champions that Fergie became so famous for. How many points did he salvage in title winning seasons?

What scares me about this statistic though is that every ounce of experience and logic suggests that this sort of statistic is something that will eventually level out and start to bite you in the ass at some point in the future. Conceding first is never something you want to do in any match. But the more time passes, the more you think he's just instilled maybe that personality of never say die! I hope it's that mentality of champions that Fergie became so famous for. How many points did he salvage in title winning seasons?
Indeed, and having a quick look at Squawka...

That's got to be down to our new mentality twinned with the Poch fitness regime. We were top for points conceded from winning positions towards the end of last year, though I think that has greatly reduced this season so far, with only Leicester (H) and Chelsea (A) being games where we initially led and dropped a total of 4 points.

postmatch interview in the field

postmatch interview

now let's all have erections watching and listening him speak.

postmatch interview in the field

postmatch interview

now let's all have erections watching and listening him speak.

I
giphy.gif

That Pochettino quote is going to go down in the history of Tottenham like all those Bill Nicholson ones.

"The most important thing is the badge. When you play for Tottenham it's not about the names. It's about the badge. "

What I find astonishing is the support José gets, he publicly slams Shaw, effectively saying he is dumb whether it's true or not can you imagine Poch saying the same and the effect it would have on the team and fans? Also saying the player needs to learn quick... erm is that not the point of a coach, to teach players. So is he just a tactician? If so what use is that with young players.

Glad we have a decent manager

Back
Top Bottom