Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm suspicious that they're talking complete bollocks and getting key facts wrong:

Simon Mullock "Spurs, whether they like it or not, do have a bit of a reputation as a selling club if the price is right.

"They have to keep that team together and that's probably the key to making sure the manager remains happy."

Custis: "But if Barcelona came and said, 'Pochettino, we want you', is he really going to say, 'No thanks, I'm building something special at Spurs?'

"I can't see that happening."

Delaney: "He has got this connection with Espanyol."

Custis: "I've never bought that and the fact he went out for dinner [with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu] proved that to me.

"I don't think that's as a strong as people are making out. If Barcelona come calling it's a very difficult thing to say no.

Delaney: "The one thing I would say to that, just before the game against Man City in October we were talking about the history of Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and an unprompted Pochettino went on a five-minute monologue about how Espanyol are the real workers' team.

"It was someone who seemed very involved and very invested in the identity of Espanyol. So I think it's a bit deeper than what you say.

"If he or one of their big players went just as they moved into the new stadium, it would just take away from the excitement a little bit. If they're all there walking in for that first game, it fosters a sense of something new."

Funny how a 5 minute encounter has turned into "went out for dinner". Chancers.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm suspicious that they're talking complete bollocks and getting key facts wrong:

Simon Mullock "Spurs, whether they like it or not, do have a bit of a reputation as a selling club if the price is right.

"They have to keep that team together and that's probably the key to making sure the manager remains happy."

Custis: "But if Barcelona came and said, 'Pochettino, we want you', is he really going to say, 'No thanks, I'm building something special at Spurs?'

"I can't see that happening."

Delaney: "He has got this connection with Espanyol."

Custis: "I've never bought that and the fact he went out for dinner [with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu] proved that to me.

"I don't think that's as a strong as people are making out. If Barcelona come calling it's a very difficult thing to say no.

Delaney: "The one thing I would say to that, just before the game against Man City in October we were talking about the history of Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and an unprompted Pochettino went on a five-minute monologue about how Espanyol are the real workers' team.

"It was someone who seemed very involved and very invested in the identity of Espanyol. So I think it's a bit deeper than what you say.

"If he or one of their big players went just as they moved into the new stadium, it would just take away from the excitement a little bit. If they're all there walking in for that first game, it fosters a sense of something new."
Custis is a massive cunt. He was the one that said Poch representatives met with United, 48hrs after Poch confirmed that he doesn't have any representation and he negotiates directly himself.

Facts as you say are completely false, he did NOT have lunch with Barca, he was at the same restaurant.

Custis is a massive cunt. He was the one that said Poch representatives met with United, 48hrs after Poch confirmed that he doesn't have any representation and he negotiates directly himself.

Facts as you say are completely false, he did NOT have lunch with Barca, he was at the same restaurant.

If Poch said he was leaving now I think my whole world would end.....
#pochneverleave

At 3-0 up you could hear him BELLOWING out orders from the side "PUSH PUSH" "COME ON MOUSSA"........this man does not hide when winning. If its 8-0, it can always be 9-0.

What a fucking legend

Absolute slave driver, but the great thing is that he is not done improving this team yet. Next season our usual score wont be 4 nil it'll be 6 nil. I'm starting to think that Poch might be the best manager in the world. Seriously, I think that will be apparent in a few year's time, but I am beginning to believe that is what he is.

Absolute slave driver, but the great thing is that he is not done improving this team yet. Next season our usual score wont be 4 nil it'll be 6 nil. I'm starting to think that Poch might be the best manager in the world. Seriously, I think that will be apparent in a few year's time, but I am beginning to believe that is what he is.

I'm sure someone said this in the match thread as well, but he knows how important GD could besides season.
And I'm of he same thinking of you, POCH is the greatest manager ever! Is there a way levy could give him a 20 year contract? :levyeyes:

spent 15 seconds on how good we were yesterday. 5 mins constantly about keeping hold of players and manager. Mills, gone back to the old narrative of squad depth, "if they are without Kane, they need a replacement!!!!' Kane has been out for 3 fucking months you mong!

I didn't see it myself but the old we can't survive without Kane is just a joke now, shows how incompetent these cunts really are, makes you wonder if they actually watch us play week in week out?
Only time ever heard anyone speak good about us was redknapp last weekend, when hoddle said we need to sign a star player and a game changer, and harry pipped him down and said who would you drop for him to play!
:harrysmile:

I didn't see it myself but the old we can't survive without Kane is just a joke now, shows how incompetent these cunts really are, makes you wonder if they actually watch us play week in week out?
Only time ever heard anyone speak good about us was redknapp last weekend, when hoddle said we need to sign a star player and a game changer, and harry pipped him down and said who would you drop for him to play!
:harrysmile:
It shows there is no preparation done. They just rock up to a studio saying the same thing without realising something has developed.

There is a viable debate about how we strengthen e.g can you strengthen our best 11-13 players or is strengthening our bench what is required, or is it buying one superstar.

Could easily end up with egg on my face but I seriously believe Potch has fully brought into the THFC project and is enjoying life at spurs and is in no rush to move on.
All of us have seen a manager who is committed to each of his clubs he has played for and managed. I fully expect him to see his contract out. Beyond that anyone expecting a dynasty being created is a fantasist.

Everything he has said is consistent with remaining with us, there is no evidence to support anything else other than made up stories from the likes of Custis. Never has anyone been so instant on ruling himself out for a job (Barca and Woolwich) because of sporting ethics.

If we didnt have Kane it would have only been a 3-0 win, with 3 different scorers

Do they even know what a one man team means?

:defoe:

Yes it will be so hard to keep hold of our players after tying them all down for the next five years

Poch has said quite categorically that having played and Managed their local rivals he could never Manage Barcelona. What part of that statement do these so called experts not understand or believe. Now Real Madrid maybe a different matter.

I start the day off by watching Sunday Supplement: "He's leaving, the squad is leaving, we're the new Leeds."

Onto MOTD2 Extra: "Pochettino will leave. Players will leave. Stadium too expensive. It's a 'precarious' situation ahead for Spurs. Need to be careful they don't turn into Woolwich."

What?

I start the day off by watching Sunday Supplement: "He's leaving, the squad is leaving, we're the new Leeds."

Onto MOTD2 Extra: "Pochettino will leave. Players will leave. Stadium too expensive. It's a 'precarious' situation ahead for Spurs. Need to be careful they don't turn into Woolwich."

What?

It's what the majority of their viewers want to hear.

If we don't win anything and continue to float about - he will leave.

Which is why Levy really has to back him and let him deal with any future transfers. Ultimately, it's trophies that will keep players and keep a manager. If we are perennial runners up and a team that don't do well in the cups, why would anyone want to stay?

We need the FA Cup win to keep that hunger and to show that we have broken down the barrier.

Poch, more than any manager I have ever seen, at any club, is comfortable and confident about what is going to happen in the future. He has a plan and he is executing it and knows he has the resources and ability to deliver it. He knows what he is doing. He knows he will win trophies with us, he will win the title, he will win the FA cup, this year or in a coming year. Then, if he believes he is able to at Spurs he will win the CL. If not he will leave for somewhere where he can but I personally don't see any reason why he can't achieve that with Spurs over the next decade.

Back
Top Bottom