Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My guess is Bentaleb.
Can't see it. Bentaleb was in love with Poch in the spring of 2015. Literally a few weeks before the League Cup final, Bentaleb set up Kane with that legendary late winner against the scum. While everyone else was going mental, Bentaleb calmly turned around, walked over to Poch and gave him a big hug. It was such a classy gesture...an ultimate show of respect to Poch. There were no signs of concern with Bentaleb until the next season as I recall. Highly, highly unlikely Bentaleb was the culprit in my opinion.

Last edited:
Can't see it. Bentaleb was in love with Poch in the spring of 2015. Literally a few weeks before the League Cup final Bentaleb set up Kane with that legendary late winner against the scum. While everyone else was going mental, Bentaleb calmly turned around, walked over to Poch and gave him a big hug. It was such a classy gesture...an ultimate show of respect to Poch. There were no signs of concern with Bentaleb until the next season as I recall. Highly, highly unlikely Bentaleb was the culprit in my opinion.
He was quite a temperamental young man though (cried in temper during training if he lost in a 5 a side match) & he did get subbed in that game. Whoever it was, Its interesting to think that there are cunty players like that. Even more cunty than we could imagine.

Really puzzling of Walker to believe his future was already decided before he had even spoken with his agent.

Walker is a case example of the modern footballer. No desire to fight for his place anymore, all player power and the contract means nothing. Gotta have that high-profile move.

If just half of that is true then I'm happy he's not at our club anymore. Pochettino has done such incredible things at this club.

Ive nothing against Walker leaving. He deserves to leave on good terms since hes been here so long. But to do it at that particular time takes the piss.

Assuming that any player that crossed Poch would have been binned at first opportunity we have these squad players that left summer 2015 ...
Paulinho, Capoue, Kaboul, Stambouli, Chirches, Soldado, Ade
Holtby and Lennon also left in the summer but were out on loan during the spring.
Townsend left in January 2016.

Out of the above it's most likely to be Capoue, Kaboul or Ade if it's someone that had been with us a while.

If I had to guess theres only one name that jumps out ...
:adegrin2:

Does it seem a bit odd to be publishing this book when its based on quite recent events? Or just me?
Interesting stuff though for sure, but hopefully it won't cause any friction.... I guess the type of guy Pochettino is he would have spoken to people that are mentioned prior to release of the book...

Didn't know Levy and Poch were such homies

The extracts are probably more fascinating than any book I've read lately tbh.

Feels so strange though, Poch is vague, deflects questions and doesn't comment on rumours so it's weird to see him be open about such personal things. He's not stupid though, I'm sure it won't affect the team negatively. They should know that history of great men must be documented.

Someone sang Jose Mourinho straight in the face of our assistant manager after losing to a Jose Mourinho team in a cup final!?

Fucking hell

Bear in mind we'd thrashed Chelsea at home only about 6 weeks before that as well...

Fucking hell.

Are people getting this from an excerpt in his book? Does the book name and shame?

From those in the squad who were sold that summer, Stambouli, Fazio and Soldado but none of them three come across as guys who would do it - wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was Adebayor, Kaboul or Paulinho.

Regarding not wanting to train Mondays and had been a club a long time, Kaboul was the first person who came to mind - he just came across as lazy to be honest and as a captain, probably not the best thing to do.

Fucking hell.

Are people getting this from an excerpt in his book? Does the book name and shame?

From those in the squad who were sold that summer, Stambouli, Fazio and Soldado but none of them three come across as guys who would do it - wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was Adebayor, Kaboul or Paulinho.

Regarding not wanting to train Mondays and had been a club a long time, Kaboul was the first person who came to mind - he just came across as lazy to be honest and as a captain, probably not the best thing to do.

It's from the book in the mail today.

I think it's Adebayor, he's the only one who had ever been coached by Mourinho and was out of the team by then.

In the case of the cunt who sang about The Special Cunt, I am on the hunt. We have a list of likely suspects: Adebayor, Capoue, Kaboul, Paulinho, Vlad, Chadli, Fazio and Bentaleb. (BAE was already out of the squad before the League Cup final.)

I think it is likely Poch would ship the piece of shit to a deserted island and we would never see him in a Tottenham shirt again after an offense like that. I looked it up, and I believe the only two who never played for us again were Kaboul and Capoue. I submit it was one of them.

Poch implies the guilty party was a senior player. Only one player had been a longtime fixture in the squad and then never appeared again after the League Cup final. J'accuse....Younnes Kaboul.
:adeohshit:

Back
Top Bottom