Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BryVoxICQAEkjKz.jpg:large

"Don't worry Iago, I'm sure Daniel Levy hasn't completely forgotten you"

Whoever is taking a knee already has to go.

:holtbytongue::holtbytongue::holtbytongue:

Been thinking about it, and I'm not certain that he's going to keep pushing his pressing style with us as much as he has in the past. You've got to remember that with every other club he's been at he really had nothing to lose. He knows that he can't play with that attitude with Spurs. Which isn't a bad thing. We already have a problem with teams coming to the Lane and parking the bus, and that will probably only worsen under Poch. Southampton came away with startling results at points because no one really rated them and didn't give them the credit they deserved. Which made it much easier for Poch's system to thrive. He'll have to make adjustments and I can really see those adjustments being very similar to an AVB style of play at points.

Now, the one truly good thing we have going for us is Lloris. I think that Southampton gave up a lot of their goals because Boruc certainly isn't anywhere near the level that such a high line defense needs behind them. I also think that having a player like Sandro being able to run back to cover the space left open by Walker (or Dembele covering for our LB) will make a significant difference.

Been thinking about it, and I'm not certain that he's going to keep pushing his pressing style with us as much as he has in the past. You've got to remember that with every other club he's been at he really had nothing to lose. He knows that he can't play with that attitude with Spurs. Which isn't a bad thing. We already have a problem with teams coming to the Lane and parking the bus, and that will probably only worsen under Poch. Southampton came away with startling results at points because no one really rated them and didn't give them the credit they deserved. Which made it much easier for Poch's system to thrive. He'll have to make adjustments and I can really see those adjustments being very similar to an AVB style of play at points.

Now, the one truly good thing we have going for us is Lloris. I think that Southampton gave up a lot of their goals because Boruc certainly isn't anywhere near the level that such a high line defense needs behind them. I also think that having a player like Sandro being able to run back to cover the space left open by Walker (or Dembele covering for our LB) will make a significant difference.

1. Why do you say he had nothing to lose at all of his other clubs? He might have been under less of a microscope media wise, but if you don't perform at even the shittiest premier league club, you still get sacked..
2. The only good thing is Lloris? I don't understand.

1. Why do you say he had nothing to lose at all of his other clubs? He might have been under less of a microscope media wise, but if you don't perform at even the shittiest premier league club, you still get sacked..
2. The only good thing is Lloris? I don't understand.

Sorry, I reread what I said and realized that I it wasn't very clear.

1) I shouldn't have said he had nothing to lose. The clubs he was at didn't really have any ambition. This is very clearly seen with Southampton. They could have easily made a strong run for the FA Cup but chose to instead focus on a midtable finish in the league. Other than being relegated both Espanyol and Southampton couldn't have gotten any worse than they already were. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was brought on at those clubs to just not get relegated, but for the sake of argument we can say that he was brought on to bring those teams to midtable. Many fans don't care about a top 4 finish this season, but I assure you the brass at Tottenham do. There's a big difference between a manager that is hired to get a club out of the bottom of the table vs one that is hired to bring them to the top. The clubs goals are different and therefore Poch can't sacrifice the points like he did last year. It's going to be very challenging for us to win if teams are prepared to just take a draw against us and park the bus. This is a big part of why I don't think we'll see the exact style of play we've grown used to. Which isn't a bad thing at all, I'm completely confident he has the skills required to make the changes that need to be made and keep the few things that WERE working.
2) Southampton gave up more goals from a winning position than anyone else in the league. This is in no small part to due their keeper not being the type to play as a natural sweeper keeper. When comparing Lloris to Boruc it's clear that we have a keeper that plays completely into the style required of a high line defense that Poch prefers. I didn't mean to make it sound like the only good player we have is Lloris.

To wrap that up: Poch needs to adapt his system so that he wins more. Hugo Lloris will do extremely well again this season.

fuck this shit, choosing to be naive and going to be extremely optimistic about the season. we've got lamela back for fucks sake, lloris is a yiddo and poch is a good lucking son of a bitch

Poch seems to have lost 2 stone already, much better looking, looks great in training, pick him CB!!

Back
Top Bottom