Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My perspective is that one of the best sides in the league should be prioritising silverware - I know crazy right? I’m not one for living in the past or prioritising revenue streams.

Its about longevity though, so when the success comes, we can maintain it. The club has always spoken about joining the elite.

That doesnt mean "win the FA Cup" so a few annoying tossers can wave their cocks in West Ham fans faces.

We just tied down Pochettino who has basically trolled the life out the press and their Madrid agenda today. I think thats annoyed you a bit, its weird you want something to complain about. Its not realism, its manic depressive behaviour. Win the lottery......"but what will I do when the money runs out"..

You mock the training ground etc, but lack the foresight to see that all these developments are the reason you are here demanding silverware. We are in a position to mount title challenges, but all you can see is us not winning them yet.

Maybe you'd be happy Poch went to Spain and we signed Ranieri....proven PL winner after all eh.
Some people dont want to be Leicester though. Most of us are happy to be returning to the club we are famous for being, and accept that progress is forming the basis of what will be our strongest and longest period in the clubs history.

Great- turnover and profits up, I’m off to get the balance sheet signed by the players and framed.

Point is - don't hate the player, hate the game.

It's not going to change anytime soon.

So its these idealistic expectations of a club operating within this environment (i.e. prioritising decisions from a commercial position) that are unrealistic.

Commendable but unrealistic.

So, we come to terms with it and enjoy what we can, or fuck off and support a club that are more in line with our expectations.

Either way it saves page after page of mind numbing bullshit on here.

Pochettino is 2-1 favourite for the Madrid job it seems, despite everything he said earlier.

How much clearer can you be that "I have a 5 year commitment to Spurs. My commitment is maximum"?

Lay, lay, lay betsters

Pochettino is 2-1 favourite for the Madrid job it seems, despite everything he said earlier.

How much clearer can you be that "I have a 5 year commitment to Spurs. My commitment is maximum"?

Lay, lay, lay betsters
He was 4-5 this morning...
Trust Betfair exchange on this one, far more realistic odds than any conventional bookie. 4-5 is 1.8 in the decimal odds they use. On there he was 3.3 yesterday, 3.85 this morning, and is up to 4.8 (or 38/10 in fractional odds) now. He's still the favourite, but it's a big field, and Conte/Guti/Wenger/Sarri are all clearly in the mix too.
Here's the market: Betfair Exchange | Best Odds Online, Back and Lay Betting
And here's his price over time: Market Activity - Football - Betfair

We need a song about Poch saying no to Madrid next season and we need any of the little shithouses on this forum that go OTT on the Poch critism banned.
I hope we don't to be honest. That "we want you to stay" song for Redknap couldn't have been more cringeworthy, my toes are going back thru the tops of my shoes just thinking of it. He's got a song already, a really good one, sing that just as we have always done. But begging for players/managers to stay is utter cringe and makes us look like twats when they leave.

Last edited:
My perspective is that one of the best sides in the league should be prioritising silverware - I know crazy right? I’m not one for living in the past or prioritising revenue streams.
"should be prioritising silverware". Whilst we have reached 2 FA Cup semi-finals and a league Cup final in 4 yrs, yeah we deliberately decided not to win those games, TWAT!

If it wasn’t for the new deal I would see him going and would understand it. He will respect the boss and the supporters. So I expect levy to thank him with the backing that poch wants and needs.
As far “only time chance to sign for real” with the way they fire coaches no matter how good they are poch will have easily 5/6 chances to go there in the next ten years.

Back
Top Bottom