Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont think there is a manager out there that is more suited to this clubs situation than poch . Only maybe klopp . But he has needed a fortune to improve Liverpool this season .

Agree about the season etc . But we don’t have a great team mate , we really don’t .
But we do have a very good team, the same team that we have been lauding the past few seasons when they torn apart some very notable opposition.

Some times things don't work out for a spell and players lose form and the team their cohesion but these things come back again. When its not going well like now everything seems to go against us but there have been plenty of times over the last few years that it has all gone in our favour.

We do not have a bad team or a bad manager.
It will come good again.

No issue taking Kane off.

The wrong sub was taking Lamela off.
But it's also totally reasonable to assume that he was knackered given the fact it was his first game back from injury and that he ran his socks off. We still don't know for sure if he's completely fit following his surgery, time will tell. At the beginning of the game, you could have called this sub before we even kicked a ball. Same with Son too given that he's only just come back from Wolrd Cup + Asian Games. There was no surprise in either of them being subbed

The ball would still come back IMO. Fucking difficult to ping a 60yrd ball and expect our player to control, hold it without losing the ball in the middle of the park with no support to lay it off to. If it's at his head all he can do he head it on, but it's back with them within seconds. As you said previously, to win a foul would be the best thing to do but in my opinion there is nothing harder for the oppo than dealing with a player who is carrying the ball up filed. More time is wasted and far more likely to make the corner flag or be fouled trying to get there. Hoofing it up to a lone man who's marked and outnumbered with no support then it's more than often coming straight back at you.

Agreed. Don't want to argue at all at this issue.
Just that we did not do either rly yesterday - did not carry, did not hold at the decisive periods.

I agree with you in the important games you have just mentioned that when the pressure is on we don't seem to get it right.
Ironically since Poch has been here (until the season) I have had a lot more faith in us seeing out games with a slender lead which never used to exist. We had actually become good at it apart from in the pressure games.

Yea I agree. Generally we have became better to holding on to the lead.

But you know there are games that win or loose you the trophies :( . Or if not trophies than at least a lot of respect and acclaim (mening if we'd have won over Juve, it would not have win us cup, but this would have been huge boost for the statue of the club)...

Also one other thing that really pisses me off are some generic Poch quotes that we can enjoy after all such games. I already mentioned it before, but to remind - yesterday I assumed what he would say -

"I think we played well. You know, sometimes football is cruel. This is just how it is. Of course I am dissapointed in the result, but I think we showed fighting spirit. But now this is over and we have to think about next games. We want to win every game."

What he really said to Spurs channel:
"I think we deserved more the team played so well. I am happy with the performance and character and of course dissapointed with the result. We need to do double effort but I think today we played with great character. I am happy but of course dissapointed with result".

I would leave it here -
character [karəktə]
noun
"the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual."

So he is happy with mental and moral qualities ... after we lost the game from leading position and having upper hand?!? How could you be happy with that?!? Beats me.
OK, you should not have a go at our own players individually like Mou does. But sorry, if you say you are "really happy" with such performance, it seems to show that you as a manager and this as a team can'd achieve anything better than this...

The first touches of all the players yesterday were shocking, especially in the first half.

Agree.

And it was not one or two, it was the majority of the team.

It did improve in the second half and we got the goal, but with our possession we needed the second goal. We lacked the ability to kill the game off and at one all our lack of confidence was laid bare.

Agreed. Don't want to argue at all at this issue.
Just that we did not do either rly yesterday - did not carry, did not hold at the decisive periods.
Agreed but from memory, I don't think we got the chance to do that (I don't want to watch it again and didn't see any of the replays after the game, just went into a strop) but all I remember was Rose (i think) putting the ball out for a corner. Before that was there an opportunity to play the ball out to a Kane (had he been there) or was there the opportunity for a Lucas or Sissoko to run the ball up the feild? I'm not 100% sure there was.

“If you are not clever this experience does not help. Like a cow who sees the train cross in front at the same time, but you ask the cow what time the train comes and he won’t have the right answer.”

Mauricio Pochettino, September 2018

“If you are not clever this experience does not help. Like a cow who sees the train cross in front at the same time, but you ask the cow what time the train comes and he won’t have the right answer.”

Mauricio Pochettino, September 2018

His Cantona moment.

All I know about Pochettino and the club is that if you look at Liverpool and City they have options up top that they utilise.

Salah is going through a spell similar to Kane but Liverpool are doing just fine because others (yes Moura but who else?) are stepping up or are being given a chance.

Defensively neither side is any better than us.

For all his qualities I think Pochettino has a blind spot on our attacking front somewhat.

Also one other thing that really pisses me off are some generic Poch quotes that we can enjoy after all such games. I already mentioned it before, but to remind - yesterday I assumed what he would say -

"I think we played well. You know, sometimes football is cruel. This is just how it is. Of course I am dissapointed in the result, but I think we showed fighting spirit. But now this is over and we have to think about next games. We want to win every game."

What he really said to Spurs channel:
"I think we deserved more the team played so well. I am happy with the performance and character and of course dissapointed with the result. We need to do double effort but I think today we played with great character. I am happy but of course dissapointed with result".

I would leave it here -
character [karəktə]
noun
"the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual."

So he is happy with mental and moral qualities ... after we lost the game from leading position and having upper hand?!? How could you be happy with that?!? Beats me.
OK, you should not have a go at our own players individually like Mou does. But sorry, if you say you are "really happy" with such performance, it seems to show that you as a manager and this as a team can'd achieve anything better than this...
I don't see anything wrong in what he's said here.

I don't see anything wrong in what he's said here.

1) we did not "show character" - we lost the game in dying minutes, making ourselves total laughing stock
2) what is there to be "happy" about? WHAT? Can you name me one thing? It was poor display and very very poor game management all in all. If you say you are happy with this game, then it only shows that either your goals were super low to be satisfied with performance like this or you are just in your own reality (like Wenger in the latter years).

1) we did not "show character" - we lost the game in dying minutes, making ourselves total laughing stock
2) what is there to be "happy" about? WHAT? Can you name me one thing? It was poor display and very very poor game management all in all. If you say you are happy with this game, then it only shows that either your goals were super low to be satisfied with performance like this or you are just in your own reality (like Wenger in the latter years).
I fuming mate, where the fuck have I said I'm happy.

This was our best performance of the season. The result is an absolute cunt.

I fuming mate, where the fuck have I said I'm happy.

This was our best performance of the season. The result is an absolute cunt.

Wut? I commented what was wrong with Poch comment. Not about what you said.

Result is what matters in football match and it is determined when ref blows the whistle. By that time we fooked up bad and hence there is no reason to be happy about. Nor to be happy or proud about. Specially because it happened for 2nd time from last 3 games. And even more specially because it tends to happen over and over in important games (and I would argue that away fixture against side who will most likely be our main competitor for 2nd place in the group IS an important one).

Wut? I commented what was wrong with Poch comment. Not about what you said.

Result is what matters in football match and it is determined when ref blows the whistle. By that time we fooked up bad and hence there is no reason to be happy about. Nor to be happy or proud about. Specially because it happened for 2nd time from last 3 games. And even more specially because it tends to happen over and over in important games (and I would argue that away fixture against side who will most likely be our main competitor for 2nd place in the group IS an important one).
But this was our best performance of the season. Inter did fuck all, Vorm wasn't called on to make a save all night until Icardi's shot. The result it a bastard, truly gutting and made all the worse because we played well. I agree with what Poch is saying.

Just as I completely agreed with what he said after the Utd game, we were so fortunate to win that, we shouldn't have won that, the result didn't reflect the performance, we were diabolical in the first half and much improved in the 2nd, but still leaking chances on our goal.

I agreed with what he said following the Watford game, our attitude wasn't right.

IMO nothing in what he says is out of place given the performances.

Bookmakers have reacted to the latest loss to Inter by slashing the Argentine’s odds to be the Premier League’s first managerial casualty of the new season, with William Hill now pricing the former Southampton boss at 25/1 for the chop, in from a whopping 66/1

Mauricio Pochettino’s Odds For The Sack Slashed As Tottenham Bid To Avoid Worst Losing Streak In 14 Years

Sky did a bit of a hatchet on him earlier too.

Fucking vultures.

"Slashed" odds to 25/1 - But Kane still 4/1 for golden boot and we are 9/4 for finishing in the top 3 again.

They obviously figure the new man will hit the ground running

Back
Top Bottom