Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But i'm not the one moaning about how badly the club is run every chance i get? I'm saying get off your arse and do something about it if you are so "passionate" about it.

Or at the very least respond to the figures BangkokSpud BangkokSpud threw back at you?

But that's not your main motivation is it?

You've admitted to it before - that you come on here and pick fights as some weird form of catharsis when we've lost. Ultimately it's selfish behaviour, taking it out on fellow fans. Fuck knows what set you off this time. We haven't lost in weeks.
I'm not really sure which of my recent posts your so angry about, tbh, squeak.
And I don't pick fights with anyone. I just respond in kind if someone shows aggression towards me.
But as this is the Pochettino thread, I'll just reiterate my long held view that he's doing an absolutely fantastic job and there's no other manager in world football that could achieve what he has on the budget that he has been working with.
Long live the Pochmeister.

I'm not really sure which of my recent posts your so angry about, tbh, squeak.
And I don't pick fights with anyone. I just respond in kind if someone shows aggression towards me.
But as this is the Pochettino thread, I'll just reiterate my long held view that he's doing an absolutely fantastic job and there's no other manager in world football that could achieve what he has on the budget that he has been working with.
Long live the Pochmeister.

I echo much of that but would say it is hard to believe anyone would be able to do a better job.

As good as Pochettino is, he still needs to get past that last base and my view is that whilst it is fair to praise in terms of his achievements in the Premier League, in one-off big games he has fallen short.

So for me that is an aspect on which I believe there are some managers who with the same resources would have taken us that bit further or closer to trophies as far as cup competitions are concerned.

Last edited:
I echo much of that but would say it is hard to believe anyone woild be able to do a better job.

As good as Pochettino is, he still needs to get past that last base and my view is that whilst it is fair to praise in terms of his achievements in the Premier League, in one-off big games he has fallen short.

So for me that is an aspect on which I believe there are some managers who with the same resources would have taken us that bit further or closer to trophies as far as cup competitions are concerned.
I agree with your point about the one-off big games. The Semi final defeat to Man utd and the CL exit to Juventus immediately come to mind.
But in the grand scheme of things, to make 3 consecutive top 4 finishes and be involved in the latter stages of two title races is a remarkable achievement. I don't think any other manager could have done that with the transfer budget Poch's been working with.

I echo much of that but would say it is hard to believe anyone woild be able to do a better job.

That actually is a fair and well put point.
The only thing I'd ask you is
A) which managers you think would do a better job ?

and

B) would we be able to get them ?

Genuine question, not looking for a cunt off

There have been posts about him in an oblique way - because they revolve around the input of the two perennial moaners deciding that he is a poor manager because other teams with a lot more money keep winning all the trophies.
Imagine what some posters would have been like in the 90's - I honestly believe that some of them would self combust in frothing indignation had they had to put up with what we endured.

The 5-3 loss at home to Manure would have melted the TFC server.
And going back even further, there have been other results that made me not want to leave my house for weeks. Some people just don't when they are well off (good grief, I sound soooooo old!).

That actually is a fair and well put point.
The only thing I'd ask you is
A) which managers you think would do a better job ?

and

B) would we be able to get them ?

Genuine question, not looking for a cunt off
A few posts back whilst the “Tottenham manger to Madrid saga reached its peak” can’t remember who posted but they basically said if he goes he’s goes we’ve been in existence for X amount of years Pochettino has only been part of us for 4 of those years we will still be here long after he’s gone there are plenty good managers out there that could replace him? Now I didn’t reply and don’t know the outcome of that statement? But to back you up......yes exactly who? A manger that’s been round the block Mourinho....NO! Eddie Howe or similar hows he any better than what we’ve got? Simone now that’s a option but could you seriously see him choosing us over staying with Atletico or staying in Spain or an Italian club I’d say no so that leaves us with????

(good grief, I sound soooooo old!)
Rubbish MrsP, you go girl.
giphy.gif

There are definitely other big game managers out there but I’d argue the more salient question is, which of those managers could also have developed the squad (and continue to develop the existing squad) to a point where they are able to compete in those matches? Or maybe the better question is, which of them would actually be willing to work within our constraints?

There are definitely other big game managers out there but I’d argue the more salient question is, which of those managers could also have developed the squad (and continue to develop the existing squad) to a point where they are able to compete in those matches? Or maybe the better question is, which of them would actually be willing to work within our constraints?

I accept that but never argued differently.

Back
Top Bottom