Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big game managers know when to make changes Poch dosen't after many years.

It's why i'm scared we won't win anything under him.
But do you seriously think that if ENIC hired a different manager we would be winning stuff?
Which Big Game manager do you think would be prepared to work with Levy and be able to out perform Poch.
Not trying to cause an argument mate, just a serious question.

I love Poche but he’s far to reactive with subs rather than proactive. The fake Spanish waiter saw the momentum was shifting and made a bold move at HT. We did fuck all at 2:2 when the momentum shifted back with them. Disappointed we didn’t show up but hopefully we can do them at NWHL proper

Our plan A, the high intensity press and quick passing moves, works most of the time. But when it doesn't, we either don't seem to have a plan B or we are too slow to change. That's the one criticism I think can be fairly leveled at Poch.

He's still undoubtedly the man for the job in my eyes: his plan A is miles better than any other manager's plan A, at least in my lifetime. He will surely improve on his weakness in time.

I've said it before that I don't think we will win anything under Poch. He has done and is doing a phenomenal job but there will always be certain games where he tends to just make the wrong decisions in team selections and tactics.

He is a nice guy and I think the team reflects the manager. Nice and cool rarely wins though

I've said it before that I don't think we will win anything under Poch. He has done and is doing a phenomenal job but there will always be certain games where he tends to just make the wrong decisions in team selections and tactics.

He is a nice guy and I think the team reflects the manager. Nice and cool rarely wins though
Who should/could we appoint instead?

I've said it before that I don't think we will win anything under Poch Enic

Corrected it for you, Poch although his in game decisions can be questioned and at times he can get it wrong like today, it’s not fair that he has the financial stabilisers on unlike other managers, remove the stabilisers and who knows, but those who think if we suddenly replace Poch and the new manager will get a blank cheque book are deluded, also if Poch leAves it wouldn’t be long before the like of dele and Kane etc follow him.....

Really poor today from him.

Starting line up and formation simply shouldn't have changed from the Chelsea game. I would have understood Alderweireld/Vertonghen starting at the back but that's not the reason we lost. For some reason we went with a strange diamond formation, the same one that saw Liverpool press and embarrass us at Wembley.

Not one single player out there today played like they wanted it. It summed it up that the players showed more passion during a celebration in the first half in a scuffle with substitutes than they did throughout the 90 minutes. Then the fact that Pochettino sat there, watched his opponent make 2 subs to change the game and just sit there at 1-2 and even 2-2 and not change a single thing was borderline embarrassing. The fact that a manager who's managing a team aiming to compete and challenging for a top 4 spot couldn't spot anything is just mind boggling.

But we move on. We put it behind us and we go again. We have some VERY generous fixtures now over the next month where we could go back on another great run and do our best to cement top four.
I agree with some of this Totts but not all:
1. Our starting formation was wrong - The diamond worked against the Chavs as they build attacks through the middle, Woolwich don't they attack through the wings, the diamond was just an invitation to play down them even more.
2. That said, he did change it in the first half and it had an instant impact and we scored two goals from it and they were no longer a threat. People will say it was against the run of play but it came as a direct result of the change, it wasn't luck. They didn't penetrate us as they were in the first 20mins, it was just speculative stuff, easy.
3. The line-up was OK, the formation was shite.
4. Reacting to the subs - He did, we went to a back three. He did this because Emery rolled the dice with his subs, plus he matched us up in a 4-3-3. Poch changed to combat Emery's subs and own formation change. I'm not defending him, just stating that he did respond, he did react and change it up. IT DIDN"T WORK.
5. I don't know about you but when Mustafi went off I thought this is where we have them, Emery having already made two subs at half-time was now going to pay for it, with a CB coming off and no recognised CB to replace him with, no was the time for us to punish whoever that was to drop into that back-line. We didn't and that one is on the players, not Poch.

I agree with some of this Totts but not all:
1. Our starting formation was wrong - The diamond worked against the Chavs as they build attacks through the middle, Woolwich don't they attack through the wings, the diamond was just an invitation to play down them even more.
2. That said, he did change it in the first half and it had an instant impact and we scored two goals from it and they were no longer a threat. People will say it was against the run of play but it came as a direct result of the change, it wasn't luck. They didn't penetrate us as they were in the first 20mins, it was just speculative stuff, easy.
3. The line-up was OK, the formation was shite.
4. Reacting to the subs - He did, we went to a back three. He did this because Emery rolled the dice with his subs, plus he matched us up in a 4-3-3. Poch changed to combat Emery's subs and own formation change. I'm not defending him, just stating that he did respond, he did react and change it up. IT DIDN"T WORK.
5. I don't know about you but when Mustafi went off I thought this is where we have them, Emery having already made two subs at half-time was now going to pay for it, with a CB coming off and no recognised CB to replace him with, no was the time for us to punish whoever that was to drop into that back-line. We didn't and that one is on the players, not Poch.

We were sh!t.

No excuse for that rubbish.

The players keep us from winning trophies, not Poch. No manager will consistently win things without the financial muscle to buy superior players. Our group keep failing to take the final step up and we cannot compete in the market to buy better players. In a few years, when Poch moves to a richer club, he will get his trophies. I think we have plateaued (on a very respectable level), but that's because of the players, not Poch.

The players keep us from winning trophies, not Poch. No manager will consistently win things without the financial muscle to buy superior players. Our group keep failing to take the final step up and we cannot compete in the market to buy better players. In a few years, when Poch moves to a richer club, he will get his trophies. I think we have plateaued (on a very respectable level), but that's because of the players, not Poch.
Although there are only 9 clubs in world football richer than us.
Surely it's not a case of us not being able to compete in the market, but more a case of not being willing to compete in the market.
As last Summer shows.
There are plenty of clubs less wealthy than us that have won major honours over the last decade
Man Utd overtake Real Madrid to top Forbes football rich list

Back
Top Bottom