Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A very nice read.....but this really does feel like the biggest false dawn of the lot. And theres been a few (too many).

Just feel numb to it all now. Are we really supposed to get excited?

A very nice read.....but this really does feel like the biggest false dawn of the lot. And theres been a few (too many).

Just feel numb to it all now. Are we really supposed to get excited?

It is a nice read... but I remember feeling highly sceptical about getting AVB and then, when it was clear he was coming, some very nice reads made me get excited somehow :freundgoal:

Fuck all that. Whoever gets the job, all this discussion will mean jackshit, apart from in a year's time when someone tries to dig up someone else's posts in order to win some petty point. Basically if the crowd gets behind the manager, the players get behind the manager, then happy days.

It is a nice read... but I remember feeling highly sceptical about getting AVB and then, when it was clear he was coming, some very nice reads made me get excited somehow :freundgoal:

Fuck all that. Whoever gets the job, all this discussion will mean jackshit, apart from in a year's time when someone tries to dig up someone else's posts in order to win some petty point. Basically if the crowd gets behind the manager, the players get behind the manager, then happy days.
Exactly, very few good things come out of these discussions. They only serve to disappoint people when they don't get their first choice and make them turn on the new manager faster. And as you said, unfortunately some people like to use them to 'credit' their football knowledge.

The same could be said of De Boer, except he still kept on winning Championships.

Different league chap. Selling your best players there makes little difference (particularly when you are Ajax and have the pick of the kids with an amazing academy with a history known globally) where the difference when we sell our best players is painfully obvious.

Different league chap. Selling your best players there makes little difference (particularly when you are Ajax and have the pick of the kids with an amazing academy with a history known globally) where the difference when we sell our best players is painfully obvious.
Yeah, but take the likes of Suarez, Vertonghen, Eriksen and Alderweireld from any team in any league and they would be struggling.

Sterling, Barkley, Flannagan, Ramsey, etc, etc. What dose De Boer know about these players? The majority of EPL players? EPL experience for me. I can't do another foreigner taking time to adjust to our league.

Saints fan in peace.
Very interesting reading all the different opinions on Poch on here.

Seems like every player, manager and coaching staff at Southampton is linked to another club at the moment, which I guess means we are at least doing something right, but it doesn't half do my head in!

We will of course lose key people, but for my money the single most important (Over and above Lallana, Shaw, Lovern etc.) is Poch.

I've been following Saints for over 30 years home and away this guy is the real deal and just a breath of fresh air in the Premiership.8th is a very credible finish, but it could have have been higher. We were a quality striker away from something very special and it really is down to him.

No idea what way this whole thing will pan out, (And I fully understand the footballing pecking order), you lot are a much bigger club, but don't just assume he will join if offered the chance.
As long as you don't get him ..... Good luck for next season.

Last edited:
Saints fan in peace.
Very interesting reading all the different opinions on Poch on here.

Seems like every player, manager and coaching staff at Southampton is linked to another club at the moment, which I guess means we are at least doing something right, but it doesn't half do my head in!

We will of course lose key people, but for my money the single most important (Over and above Lallana, Shaw, Lovern etc.) is Poch.

I've been following Saints for over 30 years home and away this guy is the real deal and just a breath of fresh air in the Premiership.8th is a very credible finish, but it could have have been higher. We were a quality striker away from something very special and it really is down to him.

No idea what way this whole thing will pan out, (And I fully understand the footballing pecking order), you lot are a much bigger club, but don't just assume he will join if offered the chance.
As long as you don't get him ..... Good luck for next season.

Can't imagine the pain of being a saints fan right now, built a team with style and talent, contains quite a few English players, as you say a good manager and now it looks like its gonna get dismantled. Not nice at all, best thing to do right now is a Levy and get as much money from Lallana and Shaw as possible if they have to go.

Back
Top Bottom