Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going back to the 2006 thing....in just four years we were in the CL (and had won the Carling Cup)

Anyone dare to imagine four years from now?
I honestly believe the appointment of AVB set this club back half a decade. Not saying Harry would have won the title, but boy did we fuck that momentum up big time.

Not this again

On a par with sacking poch and getting Koeman in

van+helsing+cushing.jpg

Ha, I remember him. Obsessed doesn't do that nutjob justice!

Most of Villa's trophies were won before electricity was common in British homes or at least that's what I told him.
Holte End, wasnt he called

Absolute tosser of the highest order. The type that would claim they did the first "Double". Probably because the Royal Engineers were away fighting on the Khyber Pass and they got a bie in the Final. Or Wanderers had got lost.

Every bit as delusional as the Bindippers we've been laughing at the last week

Holte End, wasnt he called

Absolute tosser of the highest order. The type that would claim they did the first "Double". Probably because the Royal Engineers were away fighting on the Khyber Pass and they got a bie in the Final. Or Wanderers had got lost.

Every bit as delusional as the Bindippers we've been laughing at the last week
I remember him, he was called Holte End proper self righteous, biased bellend. He particularly hated us

Going back to the 2006 thing....in just four years we were in the CL (and had won the Carling Cup)

Anyone dare to imagine four years from now?
I honestly believe the appointment of AVB set this club back half a decade. Not saying Harry would have won the title, but boy did we fuck that momentum up big time.

Maybe it's because we are at a great place right now, but I believe everything that happened played a part in where we are. Yeah AVB's second season caused us major concerns, but it was under AVB's system that Bale grew into a genuine world class player. It might be as simple as "pass the ball to Bale", but still something AVB did made him spectacular. If that didn't happen, we don't make 85 million, don't invest in guys like Eriksen/Soldado, don't let strikers flop and Harry Kane's probably in some mid level premier league team right now getting 10-15 goals per season.

So just a little update... anyone unlucky enough to have to rely on TalkSport's commentary tonight... their team consists of ex-West Ham player Stuart Pearce, and West Ham fan 'The Moose' on the touchline.. .
Just keeping it neutral then...
Gooooooood!

Fucks sake... May as well get Ray Winstone and Danny Dyer to conduct the post match interviews!

Sometimes it's our own cunt fans who are our biggest enemy! Turned on talksport Drive (I know, I know...) standard outlandish opinions from Durham 'Lloris and Eriksen starting wouldn't have made a difference but harry Kane would' 'will they always be 'spursy' etc'

Then you get these absolute bellsniffs calling on saying 'yeah we're Spursy' and 'united won 2 trophies last season, give me their season any day'

Honest to fuck these pricks are representing our club on national radio... get to fuck your pricks! The only thing 'Spursy' is cunts like you who use the word and are so fucking stupid you can't see what progress is and when we lose one game you get the white hankies out instead of supporting the team that's you know what?! Pretty fucking good!

Unbelievable as F365 put it.. all big clubs treated the league cup the same say.... least Poch was honest about it.

Some 'fans' can fuck off. Entitled pricks.

There's enough people out there dying to have a go, if you're so keen to join them support someone else

Sometimes it's our own cunt fans who are our biggest enemy! Turned on talksport Drive (I know, I know...) standard outlandish opinions from Durham 'Lloris and Eriksen starting wouldn't have made a difference but harry Kane would' 'will they always be 'spursy' etc'

Then you get these absolute bellsniffs calling on saying 'yeah we're Spursy' and 'united won 2 trophies last season, give me their season any day'

Honest to fuck these pricks are representing our club on national radio... get to fuck your pricks! The only thing 'Spursy' is cunts like you who use the word and are so fucking stupid you can't see what progress is and when we lose one game you get the white hankies out instead of supporting the team that's you know what?! Pretty fucking good!

Unbelievable as F365 put it.. all big clubs treated the league cup the same say.... least Poch was honest about it.

Some 'fans' can fuck off. Entitled pricks.

There's enough people out there dying to have a go, if you're so keen to join them support someone else
I know someone who's a producer there, it's his job to take the inbound calls. Every single caller is asked what their point is, gets them to say what they will say if selected to go on air. He then writes in a description of your call, if you are ranting you go straight to the top of the queue. If you want to agree with the theme of the topic e.g agree with "are Spurs 'Spursy"' then you go to the top end of the queue, but still behind the ranters. If you have an opposing view then this is detailed in the notes and you are placed in a different queue, you are also tagged as intelligent or thick (basically can you argue your point). It is at the discretion of Durham to select the caller, he can see those in the queue and l what they wish to discuss on his screen. The ratio of calls he accepts that agree with the topic (i.e. want to enforce the narrative) is on ave 6:1, That's 6 callers that agree to one that doesn't. The one that doesn't agree Durham will select the one tagged "thick" so he can win the argument and twist the knife on the poor thick bastard who's been on hold for 45mins at a £1 per min (£45 quid to be made a mug!!)

Side note: Graham Roberts is an actual target of Durham. This is because he is thick as pigshit. I am told that Roberts has now been given the nod and will not phone in as he has done so in the past.

'Spursy'? Hate that term. It's bullshit and yet some intelligent fans continue to use it and play up to it.

Yeah, nobody has ever lost a game from being 2-0 at half-time. Nope, never happened before until last night.

Ffs

Spursy has become a phrase people use to describe every single game Tottenham lose, which is just ridiculous.

Lasagne gate: spursy
2 points in 8 games: spursy
Losing a game: Not spursy!!!

Anyone using that term about this team should be banned from the forum

I know someone who's a producer there, it's his job to take the inbound calls. Every single caller is asked what their point is, gets them to say what they will say if selected to go on air. He then writes in a description of your call, if you are ranting you go straight to the top of the queue. If you want to agree with the theme of the topic e.g agree with "are Spurs 'Spursy"' then you go to the top end of the queue, but still behind the ranters. If you have an opposing view then this is detailed in the notes and you are placed in a different queue, you are also tagged as intelligent or thick (basically can you argue your point). It is at the discretion of Durham to select the caller, he can see those in the queue and l what they wish to discuss on his screen. The ratio of calls he accepts that agree with the topic (i.e. want to enforce the narrative) is on ave 6:1, That's 6 callers that agree to one that doesn't. The one that doesn't agree Durham will select the one tagged "thick" so he can win the argument and twist the knife on the poor thick bastard who's been on hold for 45mins at a £1 per min (£45 quid to be made a mug!!)

Side note: Graham Roberts is an actual target of Durham. This is because he is thick as pigshit. I am told that Roberts has now been given the nod and will not phone in as he has done so in the past.

They really charge people £1/min whilst calling to give them content for their show?? Wow

'Spursy'? Hate that term. It's bullshit and yet some intelligent fans continue to use it and play up to it.

Yeah, nobody has ever lost a game from being 2-0 at half-time. Nope, never happened before until last night.

Ffs
Actually this is the FIRST time that Poch has lost a game with us (may be Southampton too, but not sure) from leading a game 2-0!! Hardly a worrying trend.

They really charge people £1/min whilst calling to give them content for their show?? Wow
It may have gone up! This fella said that there are huge back office arguments going on since Murdoch took over last summer, many have quit or been sacked. It's been ages that I have spoken with him but they wanted to put the fees up to around £1.5 per min and many were uncomfortable with this, especially given the baiting from certain shows. The thing is many of the callers use work phones or are not the bill payers, which is the argument given as to fuck'ed they aren't paying.

It may have gone up! This fella said that there are huge back office arguments going on since Murdoch took over last summer, many have quit or been sacked. It's been ages that I have spoken with him but they wanted to put the fees up to around £1.5 per min and many were uncomfortable with this, especially given the baiting from certain shows. The thing is many of the callers use work phones or are not the bill payers, which is the argument given as to fuck'ed they aren't paying.

Not having a go mate, but any chance you be a bit more concise

I've worn out my touch-screen

Back
Top Bottom