Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BBC home page with 4 articles featuring Ngolo Kante / Chelsea following his PFA player of the year success and absolutely nothing England's brightest young talent in a generation, nothing on the fact that Spurs have locked down the PFA young player of the year for 5 of the last 6 years.

It's a disgrace.

You know why it's convenient for us that we are not bigged by the media ? Because as long as we are considered to be a good team without anything more, that also means that beating us will not be the big achievement you'd hope for. And as such i think managers will be a it more tempted to start a weaker XI against us then in the so called biggest games of the season. Or maybe i'm just looking for a silver ligning, but as long as beating Spurs doesn't get the same ring as going to Old trafford and win, we have a slight change of some teams doing a Bournemouth

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola wants to sign Tottenham and England midfielder Dele Alli, 21, for a world record fee this summer - according to Barcelona legend Xavi (Sun)

This is being reported on BBC site: What the fuck does Xavi know and the Sun well that rag has as much credibility as a prostitute joining a nunnery!

The current flurry of transfer speculation about our players is because journalists smelled blood in the water after Saturday's game. And let's not forget the teams that most of these journalists support, and how it is in their personal interest to try destabilising us ahead of the run in.

Hammer Crystal Palace and they'll quickly revert to shutting the fuck up.

The current flurry of transfer speculation about our players is because journalists smelled blood in the water after Saturday's game. And let's not forget the teams that most of these journalists support, and how it is in their personal interest to try destabilising us ahead of the run in.

Hammer Crystal Palace and they'll quickly revert to shutting the fuck up.
100% this. I was going to suggest the same thing; it's almost as if the tiniest slip by Spurs is a preliminary to a raft of journo speculation about our best players going elsewhere. It happens every time we have a blip (IIRC there was a spike when we were knocked out if the CL).

It's almost as if they had some kind of fixed agenda to keep us from taking our place at the top table.....

:llorisunsure:

Two graphics on the Sky Sports page:
skysports-chelsea-southampton-heavyweight_3938237.jpg

skysports-heavyweight-week-chelsea-southampton-crystal-palace-tottenham-man-city_3937729.png

Promoting three games for "Heavyweight Week" yet no pictures of Poch or a Spurs player. There's no bias at all.

Two graphics on the Sky Sports page:
skysports-chelsea-southampton-heavyweight_3938237.jpg

skysports-heavyweight-week-chelsea-southampton-crystal-palace-tottenham-man-city_3937729.png

Promoting three games for "Heavyweight Week" yet no pictures of Poch or a Spurs player. There's no bias at all.
NO NO NO. Don't you understand? We need two pictures of Manchester United players. How else can you get people interested in watching the match unless you put Paul motherfucking Pogba on there?

Remember, all our players are shit and no one cares about them. Unless they are being linked with a move away to another club.
:pocheyes:

NO NO NO. Don't you understand? We need two pictures of Manchester United players. How else can you get people interested in watching the match unless you put Paul motherfucking Pogba on there?

Remember, all our players are shit and no one cares about them. Unless they are being linked with a move away to another club.
:pocheyes:
Plucky little Spurs and their transfer rumors to Barca and Bayern Munich :vertna:

The media basically is just using us as a puppet right now to write headlines that there is an exciting title race in the Premier League. They could care less about us overcoming Chelsea though(more than likely rooting against us actually).

Listened to fat boy Quinn on Talkshite this morning.
"What if Spurs fizzle out, like they did last year, after Saturday's terrible result?"

Yeah, 'cos it Liverpool's year again."
Fat c**t.
Liverpool, Utd and Woolwich have been shit this season yet we'll get accused if we drop one more point in this run in. Really fucks me off.

City too. They are an absolute fucking disgrace considering the money and players they have. So unreliable and should by rights be fighting Chelsea tooth and nail yet they are out of sight.

And Liverpool have had fuck all to focus on this season other than the league and have monumentally bottled it yet Klopp gives good sound bites so they'll still get a free pass.

Just once I want to see things go our way so we can sit back and tell the footballing world to go fuck themselves.

Last edited:
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola wants to sign Tottenham and England midfielder Dele Alli, 21, for a world record fee this summer - according to Barcelona legend Xavi (Sun)

This is being reported on BBC site: What the fuck does Xavi know and the Sun well that rag has as much credibility as a prostitute joining a nunnery!
Honestly if City are that fucking dumb that they will give us 100 million for Ali. I'd say. Good bye and good luck and all the best. He's a great player in our team. He'd be less effective elsewhere. Why do the media ignore what City actually are ? A mid table club pumped through with dirty money making them virtually overnight a super power. It's utterly sickening.

In all my years I have learned one thing about football...players come and go. No matter how good. The club survives. I'd rather be 5th every year than be the play thing of an Arab regime. Fuck off city.

City too. They are an absolute fucking disgrace considering the money and players they have. So unreliable and should by rights be fighting Chelsea tooth and nail yet they are out of sight.
Don't forget that City were running away with the league 10 games in this season. Like you said, considering the money, the players, and how good they started off the season, it's amazing how much leeway Pep is getting. They officially fell in love with him and ate up the whole, "top 4 is like a trophy in the PL".

Back
Top Bottom