Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That filthy red faced spitting cunt Carragher was salty af , we got away with one and were lucky ! Complete with expected goals ! No mention of luck when the victims got an ooffside Goal and created not a thing against West Ham on Monday night football , no mention of expected goals when West Ham missed two sitters and Liverpool didn't create a single chance , can't wait til a sports Netflix consigns sky to the history books.

On the point of expected goals. Son and Sanchez’s goals were absolute sitters, so how is our expected goals 1.08? That makes no bloody sense to me.

Everyone saying Leicester deserved to win today because they missed chances. Well we scored our chances! Because our players have more quality in front of goal. Isn’t that what football is? Usually the team with more quality scores more goals

It’s almost like us putting the ball in the net doesn’t count as a chance. It’s only a chance if you miss

On the point of expected goals. Son and Sanchez’s goals were absolute sitters, so how is our expected goals 1.08? That makes no bloody sense to me.

Everyone saying Leicester deserved to win today because they missed chances. Well we scored our chances! Because our players have more quality in front of goal. Isn’t that what football is? Usually the team with more quality scores more goals

It’s almost like us putting the ball in the net doesn’t count as a chance. It’s only a chance if you miss

I think Son's goal is XG at the point he receives the ball from Sissoko.......normally that would be XG of 0.000001

Leicester deserved to win because they missed a few chances - go back a month and Utd deserved to win because DeGea saved dozens of chances ... nothing like being consistent ... cunts

I loved the commentator as the second half began: "Spurs looking to hold onto their lead". Fuck me you'd think we were 1-0 up against Barca away. Spurs looking to extend their lead you dumb cunt!

I do laugh how some (most looking at this thread) lose their pants when somebody says something awfully bad against Spurs, apparently the same is never said against anyone else.

Piss off. Who the fuck cares what Lineker, Caragher, Durham, Neville, Souness, etc. etc, think? We keep winning then so what the media think?

Like you (people on a forum), they don't affect the performance on the pitch. Shut the fuck up and support the team, forget the perceived shite/bias from outside!!

Shows a bit of a gap in the system though. He’s literally one on one with the keeper as soon as the defender misses the ball.

Yeah, it should be called something like "statistical likelihood of scoring in the position at which you receive the ball, not taking into account the position of any other player"

I think they might stick with "Expected Goals" though

According to the BBC live-feed, Spurs are "like a puppy clinging on to the trouser-leg of Liverpool and need to win today to stay within five points of the leaders". Complete with a picture of a puppy in a basket.

Yes, in media bias land, its not a proper dismissal even to say we're like a dog clinging on - no, it has to be a puppy.
What the fuck is wrong with them?
:deledoubt:

This is phase 2. The first phase was to ignore us, and now it's moved onto belittling. Winning the league sure is a long shot but the longer we can be in with a shout the more we will irritate them.

Fucking media can do one. Keep being salty and disrespecting us, making yourselves look like the muggy shitbirds you all are. They are all trembling in fear...
Absolute disgrace... Stuntman Salah literally makes a living from diving and cheating but he is a visionary genius spreading joy throughout the world, meanwhile we get cards for diving when we are fouled. Kane, now Son. Maybe Dele as well?
We absolutely battered Utd in every aspect of football but the putting it in the net part and that is a fucking masterclass by them?! Yes masterful indeed letting us have 10 clear chances to score.
But yet when the tables are turned, it's no masterclass by Tottenham or heroics by Lloris, it's evil, lucky, shitcunt Tottenham have the audacity to win a match while not playing total football.
It's repugnant as fuck, I hate everything about football pretty much now.
Only my love for Tottenham will never stop, the rest of it though is pure unfiltered corrupt bullshit.

Jenas wtf?!?!

Jenas has been a sellout since being on the BBC mate, he fights our corner more than most but the truth is he likes getting his tummy tickled by Lineker and co, a brown noser to “fit in” with the boys.

You want to see a good spurs pundit, Ryan Mason, although they barely have him on TV because he speaks too much sense and doesn’t go along with the bullshit narrative.

Jenas has been a sellout since being on the BBC mate, he fights our corner more than most but the truth is he likes getting his tummy tickled by Lineker and co, a brown noser to “fit in” with the boys.

You want to see a good spurs pundit, Ryan Mason, although they barely have him on TV because he speaks too much sense and doesn’t go along with the bullshit narrative.

Pundits the same has he played puts in a performance in every 10 appearances

Back
Top Bottom