Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s pretty obvious why they used that picture, they are highlighting how Pep is pretending that unfancied United and Chelsea are in the title race. Pointless showing Klopp or Poch because the table already tells us they are in the race.
Well he says "More than two" which we can only assume means "More than City and Liverpool"..... They then added 4th and 5th without considering Spurs......

Takes a lot more than that to intervene trust I enough run ins with producers for stuff that’s beyond my remit.

Meh, I drew "THFC" in the sand on a *film set once, and no one noticed...

There's also plenty of Spurs references in several TV shows i've been involved with...

Believe me, it can be done, if you apply enough determination (are sneaky) and use some creative imagery!

Mind you, I haven't worked since!!! :kanehand::pochfacepalm::sonhmm:

*I've yet to see if my efforts make the final cut, but hey... I tried!

Meh, I drew "THFC" in the sand on a *film set once, and no one noticed...

There's also plenty of Spurs references in several TV shows i've been involved with...

Believe me, it can be done, if you apply enough determination (are sneaky) and use some creative imagery!

Mind you, I haven't worked since!!! :kanehand::pochfacepalm::sonhmm:

*I've yet to see if my efforts make the final cut, but hey... I tried!
A script writer for Corrie managed to get Spurs players' surnames into the show (which I never watched, promise). He drew the line at the more obvious (Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles, Villa) but I gather he got loads of others in.

BBC report on red scouses profit announcement

Having topped the Premier League table for much of the season, Liverpool are vying with defending champions Manchester City for a first English top-flight title for 29 years, and that success has been mirrored off the pitch too.

Not that I give a shit, but this is the most hilarious article ever...
Liverpool, Manchester City or Tottenham? Soccer Saturday pundits give title-race verdict

The only place where Spurs are even mentioned in the article is in the title itself.

lmfao.
Had to laugh when yer man said “Liverpool’s squad looks shallow”....couldn’t be mate, I thought they spent over 200m in 2018 alone addressing there squad? And for the last fcuking 4 months you’ve been telling us that Liverpool have the strongest squad....
Then Phil Thompson blames West Ham for raising their game against Liverpool, funny how it’s called “bottling it” when West Ham raise their game against Spurs...umm!!
Those 4 are complete fuckwits...

Yeah, but Kenny Dalgleish and Greame Souness are just as likely to help them win this title, than Danny Blanchflower or Dave MacKay are for us...

2 titles, 18 titles... by that reckoning, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Wolves and Everton have more chance than us of winning the title this season, 'cos they've all equalled, or won it more than our 'measly' twice in the past!

I get that the likelihood of Liverpool winning it over us is more likely, simply 'cos at this stage they have more points than us... but if that's the only criteria, we may as well all go home in January...
it should be based on a feeling... Leicester (unfortunately) had that feeling and momentum from about February/March onwards... and nothing to do with what they'd done over the course of History... 'cos history just tells you what did happen, not what could!

...but the credentials of Liverpool or us winning it more, based on history, is like saying all sandwiches are lethal, just 'cos Mama Cass choked on one once!
*Kenny Dog leash

You're welcome me old china......

Have a sneaky feeling we will topple Liverpool but finish second Klopp teams always falter in the last leg due to fatigue and nerves are getting to them.

City just have that killer look about them again since they got Aguero, KDB and Fernandinho back

A script writer for Corrie managed to get Spurs players' surnames into the show (which I never watched, promise). He drew the line at the more obvious (Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles, Villa) but I gather he got loads of others in.
Good shout!

Without appearing to be applying for the 'Pedant Award; 2019' it was Tony Wood... a Spurs supporting Producer on the show...

(Excuse the Daily Fail link... it was the only website I could find carrying the story!)
Producer turned soap into secret Spurs tribute | Daily Mail Online

According to the BBC live-feed, Spurs are "like a puppy clinging on to the trouser-leg of Liverpool and need to win today to stay within five points of the leaders". Complete with a picture of a puppy in a basket.

Yes, in media bias land, its not a proper dismissal even to say we're like a dog clinging on - no, it has to be a puppy.

Spurs fans have to see Sky are trying to stop Tottenham at every level, Champions League with this schedule, and the PL title with this type of refereeing NO other club gets, and Sky's spin doctors paint over it.

Souness even said Son has a reputation for diving......

Spurs fans have to see Sky are trying to stop Tottenham at every level, Champions League with this schedule, and the PL title with this type of refereeing NO other club gets, and Sky's spin doctors paint over it.

Souness even said Son has a reputation for diving......

Cunt has a reputation as being a shit football manager yet he’s qualified to critique matches on a regular basis because he knows what’s good and bad.

According to the BBC live-feed, Spurs are "like a puppy clinging on to the trouser-leg of Liverpool and need to win today to stay within five points of the leaders". Complete with a picture of a puppy in a basket.

Yes, in media bias land, its not a proper dismissal even to say we're like a dog clinging on - no, it has to be a puppy.

The analogy might come back to 'bite' them........puppies don't stay as puppies forever

That filthy red faced spitting cunt Carragher was salty af , we got away with one and were lucky ! Complete with expected goals ! No mention of luck when the victims got an ooffside Goal and created not a thing against West Ham on Monday night football , no mention of expected goals when West Ham missed two sitters and Liverpool didn't create a single chance , can't wait til a sports Netflix consigns sky to the history books.

Back
Top Bottom