MERSON

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's one of 365's faves.

Today.

It’s Friday so it’s Paul Merson Day. And he is sure Woolwich will win because they ‘simply have to’. But they should ‘beware’ of Wayne Rooney, whose passing is still brilliant…

Could it be magic?
It’s Friday; it’s Paul Merson Day…

* On Woolwich v Manchester United: ‘The game will probably go how it does all the time. Woolwich will turn up, dominate the game and United will break on them and score. Despite that, I’m going to go for an Woolwich win because they simply have to.’

The Gunners have beaten United just twice in 17 meetings since 2008 and just once in the Premier League in that sequence. If only they had ‘simply had to’ beat them before.

* On Chelsea v Southampton: ‘Chelsea simply have to win this game, they have to win.’

There’s a lot of it about. And teams famously always win games ‘they simply have to win’.

* ‘West Brom are a funny team. They went to Villa and won quite comfortably, then they were 2-0 up flying at home to Everton and threw the lead away.’

It’s almost like Everton are a far, far better team than Aston Villa.

* ‘Bournemouth are going to miss Callum Wilson, I don’t care what anybody says, that is a massive blow.’

Who are all these people going round saying losing Callum Wilson is not a massive blow?

* ‘I watched Leicester the other week where they were 2-0 down against Stoke and fought back to win 3-2. That was all well and good but you don’t want to keep falling behind because sooner or later you won’t come back.’

Like last week against Woolwich, Merse?

Mediawatch: Gunners beware! Of Rooney! - Football365

This guy is such a tool.
In his mind he's at school in the playground, but he's supposed to be a professional pundit ffs.
How does he maintain self respect and the respect of his peers? Perhaps he doesn't.

Anyway, always funny to watch him make a fool of himself.

Back
Top Bottom