MERSON

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Merson has pinpointed why McDonald’s rule the world, and Van Gaal is a tactical chump…

Paul Merson’s magic guide to business
As far as Mediawatch is aware, Paul Merson does not have a Business or Economics degree. And yet he has entirely nailed the secret of McDonald’s’s continued success on Sky Sports:

“Just think of massive fast food companies. They make all that money and create all that success, selling more hamburgers and more chips and more drinks than anyone else, but they still spend on adverts. Woolwich should have spent in the summer.”

We’re lovin’ it.

Trouble shooting
“If one of the centre-halves or strikers gets injured they’re [Woolwich, who else?] in trouble,” said Merson. You mean like when Gabriel came in against Liverpool, Newcastle, Stoke and Manchester United and they kept clean sheets, Paul?

Magic advice of the day
Paul Merson on Jurgen Klopp: ‘It’s different over here, and he will need to get used to it.’

Diminishing returns
‘I wouldn’t rule them out of a top-eight finish,’ is Paul Merson’s balls-on-the-line verdict on Crystal Palace (who are ‘a different kettle of fish’, apparently. To what is never made clear).

As his September 4 prediction was that they would finish fifth, we should bloody think not.

What’s coming in November? ‘Merson fancies Palace for top half’? By February they might be primed for survival.

One more from Merse
‘City without those two [Silva and Aguero] is like taking the City out of Manchester.’

Sorry, what?

Football365 - Football News, Views, Gossip and much more....
This has to be fake.

Not Pearce. At least you know his name. There are so many commentators now that most of them are effectively anonymous. This particular chap has been blighting football highlights for fucking ages....OK I'll see if he's name checked at the beginning of our 90 seconds coverage on MOTD and ....I've deleted it.
Brotherton, Mowbray, Wilson?

Quite.

He is of course, correct. However, his true motive is in setting out a classic troll trap: everyone knows his history will prompt his innate anti Spurs bias. He is looking towards the NLD at the Deathstar, and, in his view, a certain Woolwich victory, and the subsequent opportunity to revert to type: "I bigged Spurs up recently, but now it's obvious that it's the same old Tottenham etc etc ad nauseam"

I know it's wrong, but I am already really, really looking forward to that game.

:pochserious2:

NB: the reason the last 4 words are in quotes is because he will actually say them, probably on Sports Saturday, at.... let's say 12:55pm on the 7th November.

:chadliblow:
Anything less than a win for Woolwich will show the cunt up even more. I'm going to be reckless here & show the same level of bias as that idiot. I reckon we will take at least a point at the Death Star. If he says we should be top, I say we will go there & prove that we should be above them. Fuck em & fuck that gimp

:dembelefingers:

Agreed. I think it would be unreasonable to expect that the pundits to not have their own favorite boyhood clubs, but to actually try to make light of publicly admitting your bias against a certain club is simply unprofessional.

Dude, you're American so you should know better than most people on here. Our sports pundits no matter what sport are usually amazingly unbias and call the game/sport the way it is (except for if it's ESPN as a whole and the Red Sox are playing anyone else, those Boston cum guzzling cocksuckers...). What shocks me about England is the bias is so strong with most pundits it's disgusting. That was the craziest thing I've noticed when I started paying attention to the Premier League.

Dude, you're American so you should know better than most people on here. Our sports pundits no matter what sport are usually amazingly unbias and call the game/sport the way it is (except for if it's ESPN as a whole and the Red Sox are playing anyone else, those Boston cum guzzling cocksuckers...). What shocks me about England is the bias is so strong with most pundits it's disgusting. That was the craziest thing I've noticed when I started paying attention to the Premier League.
Well, that was my impression as well, but I don't watch a lot of sports apart from Spurs, so I wasn't willing to rely on it.

Well, that was my impression as well, but I don't watch a lot of sports apart from Spurs, so I wasn't willing to rely on it.
Everyone who is deep enough in the bowels of working for a sporting network of course has boyhood clubs/teams they supported, I do agree. But I do think it is reasonable to drop the bias for their professionalism.

Can we call the death star the 'Pig pen'? I hate that phrase. It makes us sound like kids.
To me it makes them sound like big bad scary people, and really....fuck them. Who would be afraid of those fancy hair twitter bitches.

Edit: So in short, yes we should start calling it the Pig Pen or anything other than a cool term such as the Death Star.

To me it makes them sound like big bad scary people, and really....fuck them. Who would be afraid of those fancy hair twitter bitches.

Edit: So in short, yes we should start calling it the Pig Pen or anything other than a cool term such as the Death Star.
I quite like pigs, but yes, anything other than that.

What i like about the NBA in particular is having home and away commentary. That way you can listen to your guys commentating on your games knowing they aren't having sly digs at your team.

What i like about the NBA in particular is having home and away commentary. That way you can listen to your guys commentating on your games knowing they aren't having sly digs at your team.
Yea, all games in all sports (except for American Football) have home and away commentating unless the game is on prime time television where the whole country is watching the same broadcast feed. In that case it's usually pretty unbias for the most part. Even the home commentating can be pretty unbias, there are a few famous homers out there in sports, particularly with baseball that is the exception to the rule. One of the most famous is Hawk Harrelson who calls the games for the Chicago White Sox. When saying the score before the commercials start he'll say, "Good guys 3, bad guys 5". Haha what a loser he is.

Yea, all games in all sports (except for American Football) have home and away commentating unless the game is on prime time television where the whole country is watching the same broadcast feed. In that case it's usually pretty unbias for the most part. Even the home commentating can be pretty unbias, there are a few famous homers out there in sports, particularly with baseball that is the exception to the rule. One of the most famous is Hawk Harrelson who calls the games for the Chicago White Sox. When saying the score before the commercials start he'll say, "Good guys 3, bad guys 5". Haha what a loser he is.

You ever hear the bloke that calls the Yankee's games for the radio? (Not sure if he still does, certainly was a few years ago) Always a good laugh at how childish and into it he got, dude must of been in his 70's.

Back
Top Bottom