Missing out on CL could be catastrophic for us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am going to be honest with you right now mate, forget top four, it's not happening this year unless we win the CL (which also, isn't going to happen.)

I would be more concerned right now about us avoiding a relegation battle considering we are 4 points off and have a tough game against Everton next.

Levy is holding off on sacking Poch because of the money but we will lose more than the severance fee if we miss out on the CL.
I also think he's struggling to figure out who he could attract that would be willing to work under his constraints.
If Poch goes, it'll be an Eddie Howe type. Happy to take the glamour of managing Spurs but unlikely to ever come near the heights reached by Pochettino.
If Levy had backed his man when he was crying out for it last Summer, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

It’s too early to say we have no chance at CL this season but it’s not looking too bright with the way things are now in PL. We would be lucky to get top 6

I don't know why people even think we will get top 6 at this rate, if we lose to Everton we could literally be 1 point off the relegation zone.

And I don't fancy this manager to get us out of a relegation battle.

I don't know why people even think we will get top 6 at this rate, if we lose to Everton we could literally be 1 point off the relegation zone.

And I don't fancy this manager to get us out of a relegation battle.
Don't think we get near top 4 or relegation. A nice relaxing mid table season. The noughties are back in fashion.

Will be catastrophic...
No doubt, well done levy. We have over the last 5 years had unbelievable opportunities that this club just blatantly mis managed or ignored.
Now everyone else has caught up or overtaken us...

Realistically there is no way the stadium payments are dependent on champions league football, Levy wouldn't do something so reckless and throughout the vast majority of planning etc we weren't a CL club. A big loss, yes, but catastrophic is way over the top. The premier league money is now a bigger pot.

Yes It will be catastrophic on all fronts. Disastrous.
The new stadium will be a ghost house.
We will need another 5-10 years to regain top 4 if ever.
We had the best chance in the last 2 seasons to capitalise on our position with manu, woolwich and chelsi weakened but didn't take advantage, thanks to the incompetent manner Levy is draining and running the club down.
We will be back to SAG days.
With C L income we struggled in the transfer market and players wages, imagine all that lost income.
What is the point of new stadium without CL.
Levy's project would have failed and JL will sack him or JL will sell the club. I hope.
All out top players will leave inc Kane and Son.

Of course CL defines a club for Spurs. Because it will take us another decade to get top 4 again.
Don't compare us to liverpool, they have won 19 or so English titles, Top Euopean titles and including CL in 2004. We are miles behind.

But we have finished above them 8 times in last 10 years.. didnt take them too long to get themselv s sorted..
Them winning the league years and tears ago has nothing to do with it.

Oooooh, the 'willfull financial ignorance' thread?

Same old names, same old melting...
Think I'll pass..... :pochbye:

Yeah, this is my biggest fear because those two are our best players.

The reality is though we will probably lose Kane even if we do get in the CL because he isn't going to stick around when we aren't showing ambition to win trophies imo.
Kane wants Greaves goal scoring record. And he cannot break that at any other club. He'll give us at least another year I'd wager before he starts to seriously consider moving.

x229l.jpg

In answer to the thread question, it might be a blessing in disguise.

It could give everybody a badly needed kick up the arse.
Levy realises that you need to buy quality every year.
Poch, if here, realises that you have to play the players in form
Players realise they have to work their bollocks off in every match, regardless of ability.
The lightweights and anyone else who doesn't want to be with us can fuck off and we can get players who are willing to fight

Does anyone seriously want us to qualify for the Europa League?

It's a competition we won twice in our history, although it had a different name back then. If CL is out of reach, the Europa would provide a chance to develop some of our younger players and would also be a reasonable shot at a trophy.

So yes, in case we don't make the CL, the Europa wouldn't be bad. Alex Ferguson once said it was a punishment, but I beg to differ.

It's a competition we won twice in our history, although it had a different name back then. If CL is out of reach, the Europa would provide a chance to develop some of our younger players and would also be a reasonable shot at a trophy.

So yes, in case we don't make the CL, the Europa wouldn't be bad. Alex Ferguson once said it was a punishment, but I beg to differ.
I used to love the UEFA Cup when it was a prestigious competition; one of the best nights of my life was standing on The Shelf on the 24th May '84 but the wretched Champions League has skewed everything and the Europa League has become a poison chalice.

Gotta love just how many posters in this thread have absolute inside knowledge, to the point of mindreading individual players.

:pochshock:

Like a written version of Talksport

Back
Top Bottom