Modern AVB Making Tottenham His Own

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just on top of my head

- we prepare tactically for each opponent, have a clear playing philosphy and substrituations actually form part of a tactical strategy beyond the 1980s manuals

- we have number of players who 'earned' their chance and play well - Dawson, Defoe, Caulker, Friedel/Lloris - none of this bullshit squad alienation and using 13 players for 10 months continuosly - i.e. rotation

- we take the EL seriously and respect it as a competition with the intent of winning it as opposed to some inconvenience, playing the U17s

- we are pressing far better as a unit

- we have lost only 2 games in the last 20 - not sure what team can better than, probably only Man Utd at the moment

- lately we are scoring late goals, as opposed to concedeing them

- we have become an exceptionally good 'away' team, one of the Top 3 this season

- we have a guy who genuinely wants to be here, not serve his own little personal agenda and refers to the club as 'we'

- we lost key players last season, yet fixture-by-fixture are performing better

Agreed, only a fool would see most of that as "misconception" The statistics don't lie. We haven't lost in several months, and we are one of the most consistent teams in what is becoming a more and more competitive league. More so than last season, and the season before, this is why we are seeing tighter games, not just where spurs are involved but throughout the league.

Wasn't AVB quoted today saying he doesn't use prozone and has never focused on endless stats and dossiers with the players?

"I don't use it because I don't believe (in it)," Villas-Boas said.

"You always have to be very, very careful with statistics. It doesn't mean that we negate them completely; we just don't use them to the extent that people might think.

"The mind and how the player feels is much more important for us, rather than statistical data.

http://sport.iafrica.com/news/844680.html

I would say 90% of the above is common misconception, all I see is us flooding the middle with players then trying to play the ball through 22 people in one half of the pitch.

'Misconception' is something which relates to a false view or opinion.

These however are rather facts, would you not agree?

- 2 defeats in 20 games

- Playing our strongest team in the EL - looking to win it

- Scoring late goals

- Dawson did choose to fight for a place instead of a QPR golden handshake - and subsequently earned one

- Our away PL record is remarkable

- Our defence has improved substantially over the last 10-15 odd games

Back
Top Bottom