Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TV ratings for everything have been falling massively the past couple of years, but when it comes to Sky Sports I think lots of people are now deciding that £33/month (or whatever it is) just doesn't represent value for money. If you're looking to save some cash, which many are now, that's got to be one of the first expenses to go.
True. When I moved out of my parents house, I decided not to get Sky in my own place. I'd much rather spend the money on a few away games than watch televised football. All I watch on TV now is MOTD, occasional other highlight shows and the odd Spurs away game that I'm not attending. If I was rich I'd get it, but I don't miss it all that much.

When I moved up here (Newcastle) it was my first non-student/parents house and because I reckoned this meant I'm now an official adult I very, very nearly got tied in to an 18 month bells and whistles Virgin Media contract that would have been something stupid like over £80 a month. So pleased when the guy came round to install it he informed me that my crap landlord had never got around to having the cable from the street outside brought in to the flat now. After a couple of months of subscribing to Sky Sports on Now TV I've decided that there's probably better things to do with my Sundays than watch Burnley v West Brom or whatever so I'm just sticking to BT Sport that I get for free and streaming any Spurs games they don't show. Thanks, crap landlord!

Thing is if there was ever a way to watch just Spurs games live on telly and have the money from the subscription actually go to the club rather than Sky I'd happily pay it. I reckon anything like that is a long old way off, though.

I assume the West ham fans don't really care about their club and it's shocking result... 'cos they met a famous 'media hungry football whore' who is only after all the Face-likes he gets on his twatter feed for that self-publicity stunt... cunt!

Dunno who I despise more...

Cy2WkuyW8AEkXci.jpg

Thing is if there was ever a way to watch just Spurs games live on telly and have the money from the subscription actually go to the club rather than Sky I'd happily pay it. I reckon anything like that is a long old way off, though.

I'd be happy to go PPV for Spurs and skip the other games, but footballs riches is built on the current day subscription plans.

I assume the West ham fans don't really care about their club and it's shocking result... 'cos they met a famous 'media hungry football whore' who is only after all the Face-likes he gets on his twatter feed for that self-publicity stunt... cunt!

Dunno who I despise more...
They looks like ball kids - calm your nickers

They looks like ball kids* - calm your nickers

...and who do you think the 'Ball Kids' support??
Do you think the Parents of young Woolwich fans write off to West Ham to see if their Woolwich supporting kids can be ball-boys/ball-kids(!) at The Olympic Stadium?? Course not!
...they must all be fans of the club at who's Stadium they're 'ball-boying' surely??

*BTW... loving that the PC has infiltrated football too... they'll always be ball-boys to me... penis or not!
:adeohshit::gio::avbdamn::adewtf:

...and who do you think the 'Ball Kids' support??
Do you think the Parents of young Woolwich fans write off to West Ham to see if their Woolwich supporting kids can be ball-boys/ball-kids(!) at The Olympic Stadium?? Course not! Same as with the mascots... they must all fans of the club at who's Stadium they're 'ball-boying' surely??
Cut them some slack, fella - taking a selfie with a mega-star - which kid would turn that down?

Cut them some slack, fella - taking a selfie with a mega-star - which kid would turn that down?
If it was a Gooner... then hopefully MY KID!

BTW.... Mega-Star? He's not Dame Edna!

Also... thanks for the nomonation fella... ...but what's a Fisherman????
Is it a bad thing???
It's not like A SEA NONCE is it?? :pochwtf:

This is doesn't seem quite real. Some of those clauses are bizarre. I feel as if this belongs on the Onion News Network.

Also, not only is Morgan a sub-par player, but since when did footballers endorse alcohol? It's kind of incompatible with football isn't it? And seriously, is anyone more likely to drink this with his mug on the front of the bottle? If anything, it'll damage what is otherwise a fairly reputable brand. Maybe they should give away a free plastic clapper with every bottle?

Having said all of that, I can see quite a few Leicester fans buying a bottle. It'll certainly take the edge of their imminent relegation.

Back
Top Bottom