modric to leave

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

anybody else of the opinion we gonna lose modders come transfer window time?
im not totally against it because it will give us some more money to coax target
players to sign for the shirt!!! i just got this gut feeling he is off first chance he gets.

FUCKING. HELL. DOOM. AND. FUCKING. GLOOM. SOME. PEOPLE!!!

Please stay well clear of sharp objects.

We lost to Woolwich away, Everton away and Man Utd at home, not the easiest games in the world, yet here we are, still 3rd and still in the cup. Would you have preferred to be in a position where we had to beat all 3 to get to 3rd?? What fucking difference does it make? Our results prior to these 3 games have put us where we are, not the other way round!

Are you suggesting Modric would rather be in Chelsea's position or even Woolwich's right now?

Grip, find. Get.

220px-GetAGrip_Aerosmithalbum.jpg

Modric out - Hazard in.

United are about to get fucked again, £32m for Berbatov to sit on the bench. £40-£45 will get them Modric.

I just want him to be the player of the tournament at the Euro's and watch his price rise by the day, because if he does go it will be on Daniel's terms.

Levy strikes again. :levystare:

im not all doom and gloom at all. years of supporting spurs means im used to it ha ha ha ha.
i just got a feeling levy might let modric go in order to bring in funds to bolster the team.
i dont mind losing him if it means we can afford the likes of vertonghen, hoilett, hazard, remy, krul and keep ade.
1 top player out 6 top players in is after all a win win in my eyes.

He'll probably leave and with that many of us will be feeling empty/dishaertened about yet another hero that did the mercenary thing, but the fans of his previous club will also have had that experience, but as Trunk so eloquently stated : let him leave , we are used to it and we are all about the club and the shirt. Players will come and go but Spurs will always be there.

The pockets of the club will be a lot heavier and deeper after the saga - Levy made a statement last year so this year the clubs that do come in for him wil offer decent value and avoid the tapping up (well at least make it a little less obvious). Even more so because he now knows that acting the prick won't get him anywhere.

He is a great player but he is just a player , he's not Tottenham born and raised and he has the right to choose himself an employer if he can come to an understanding with his new and old employer (money , money and well money) he'll be gone. He'll be cheered at by the new fans and we will be laughed at by those same fans. But i dont care about that. I used to but the Modric thing last summer took away the last bit of naivity i had left.

If a player underperforms we would be ruthless and let him go , if he excels he'll be ruthless and go.

Meh, Modrić is 26 and signed for a handful more years. He'd get more in wages for the remainder of his contract if he moved sooner rather than later (I suppose), so it might make financial sense for him to cash in, regardless of CL, etc.

No one ever said, iirc, that he wanted to go to Chelsea because of their guaranteed CL. It was because they'd double his salary (as would Man U.). CL would be a pleasant bonus (and part of why his inflated wages can be paid).

In three years, he'll have fewer years left on his contract, have three more years of 50+ matches a year on his clock, and won't pull as big a transfer fee. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him shifted soon. But I don't think it's this summer.

Incidentally, I worry that Everton away was a glimpse of a post-Modrić era, with Parker taking five minutes to move the ball into the box, as the entire offense runs through him. Painful.

The factors that made him interested in Chelsea were imo:

- Champions League football / the perception Chelsea were more likely to win a trophy this season.

- A wheelbarrow of money.

- Location - he (more likely his bird) doesn't want to leave London

I hope we get relegated and they all fucking leave.

Fuck 'em all.

Support would be better and games would be more fun, home and away.

If I get told to sit down and be quiet by another Spurs fan again on the grounds that they're 'a season ticket holder' I'll spit in their face.

tehTrunk said:
I hope we get relegated and they all fucking leave.

Fuck 'em all.

Support would be better and games would be more fun, home and away.

If I get told to sit down and be quiet by another Spurs fan again on the grounds that they're 'a season ticket holder' I'll spit in their face.

You are such a warm person , reading your quotes always makes me feel like a hippie :niko:

I'm not here to make you warm waffle man, electric blankets serve that purpose.

If you don't like that, we can go toe to toe at the next Ultras game.

Éperons said:
Incidentally, I worry that Everton away was a glimpse of a post-Modrić era, with Parker taking five minutes to move the ball into the box, as the entire offense runs through him. Painful.

post modric (also read as current hazard). suddenly doesnt seem to bad.
there have been a few instances when top players were sold off and replaced with
shite but i dont see it happening here. i still believe we will finsh 3rd,
keep harry, and get remy and hazard. showing intention and all that shit

We are a better team after both Carrick and Berbatov left and we'll be a better team should Modric go. I don't want him to leave but if he isn't a spurs player come the start of next season I'll thank him for paying for Remy and Hazard and move on.

Unless he signs for Chelsea in which case he will have to spend a vast amount of money for the safe return of his Mum

Dannyboy said:
We are a better team after both Carrick and Berbatov left and we'll be a better team should Modric go. I don't want him to leave but if he isn't a spurs player come the start of next season I'll thank him for paying for Remy and Hazard and move on.

Unless he signs for Chelsea in which case he will have to spend a vast amount of money for the safe return of his Mum

When Carrick left we replaced him with Zokora and when Berbatov left we replaced him with no one and nearly got relegated - I fail to see how we were a better team after either left

Back
Top Bottom