monaco v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Id mix it up, but stick N'Jie in there, as hopefully, he'll know what Monaco are all about...
other than that, as long as Fazio is left at home, (or take him, but drop him out of the plane halfway) I couldn't give a Nun's cunt who we play... not after yesterday's fun and frolics!
We can afford not to win, but it would be nice to have a go...

I watched the 2nd half Kris...you're right, defensively they're weak (F12 A13) plus they've only managed 1 point at home in Ligue 1.

I agree...If we can get down the flanks and get the crosses into the box I think we have a great chance. They looked good going forward but that defence is there for the taking.

Some of the line-ups posted are mental, Monaco is no joke. They haven't started well this season, but they have a very talented squad and a very much capable manager. It's without a doubt the toughest fixture in the group.

I think we should go pretty hard on this, especially with defense... if Kane is allowed to score here it's help him more with confidence and won't hurt his fitness too much.

Some of the line-ups posted are mental, Monaco is no joke. They haven't started well this season, but they have a very talented squad and a very much capable manager. It's without a doubt the toughest fixture in the group.

We have to rest at some point. The league must be priority, the LC against Arse should have been a priority as its against Arse and it's a cup so we go out if we lose which we did.

I don't expect us to beat Monaco but if we lose unlike the LC we still have a resonable chance of progression.

Most of this comes back to the summer window, we should have bought a proper striker to cover Kane and a DM to compete/cover Dier. Kane and Dier will need a rest.

I'd play both Dier & Kane against them. Kane is up & running. Dier is just...Dier. I would be tempted to rest him in the league next Sunday. Only because he is a card away from a suspension & I really want him available for the game against Liverpool. I'd so love us to put in the performance that got Rodgers the sack. Inane cunt that he is.

I think Anderlecht away will prove to be much harder than this one and I think it'll ultimately be us an Anderlecht that go through to the next round.

I'm conflicted actually, don't know if I want us to rest Dier vs Swansea, just to make sure he's ready for Liverpool.

Last edited:
Team just had a week to rest before last game so full fresh squad to choose from - rest dier against Swansea does make sense tho, especially if mason and bente are back

If fit, Mason should get a game. Although I dont really care who is picked as long as it works on the night.
We need a decent line up, need to win early games in group to get ahead. I dont like feeling confident because it always seem to go wrong. Lets not right off Fazio, I know he is struggerling at the moment so dosnt need negative vibes from supporters.I can see some good.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Mason/Carroll/Bentaleb, Lamela, Eriksen, N'Jie, Son][/formation]

I'm probably going to catch heat for Fazio being there but as people have mentioned he has European experience and we can't judge him off one match when it was the first one he had started all season. He needs to get playing time now, because at some point in the season he'll be playing league matches due to injury/suspension. Do you really want him coming in after months of sitting on the bench? I'd also like to see Wimmer get time against Swansea/Liverpool but that's another match thread..

Dier to play in this one and rest against Swansea to be fresh (and not suspended!) against Liverpool. If N'Jie is ever going to get his first start it makes sense that it's against a French team. Definitely earned it with his performance against City. Kane has been playing well but also needs a rest imo, perhaps coming on late in the second half if we're down by 1.

Back
Top Bottom