Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love visiting TFC after a win or a loss.

A win and it's all "we're getting top 4, we're back, Conte is going to win us trophies"

A loss to a far superior team, arguably the best squad in the league and it's "Morecambe are more our level, lucky to get a 1-0 here, we'll scrap it"

Never change gang, never change.
Or as Hugo would say:
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Our u23's played their last game on 4th December, a month or so ago.

However yesterday u23 side beat Crawley in a friendly - only players mentioned are Markanday and Clarke, good to see the former back after a covid break.

www.wscountytimes.co.uk

Tottenham Hotspur beat Crawley Town in behind-closed-doors friendly

Crawley Town were beaten 2-1 at home by a young Tottenham Hotspur XI in a behind-closed-doors friendly at The People's Pension Stadium earlier today (Wednesday).
www.wscountytimes.co.uk

If Conte is ever going to play some youngsters then Morecambe is the match - likely players might include Kion Etete (striker recalled from L2 Northampton where he did well), Dilan Markanday (winger top scorer for u23'a so far this season), Harvey White (DM.CM 2nd highest scorer/assist maker for u23's and previous L1 experience in 20/21), Jack Clarke (winger), Dane Scarlett (if fit from covid - not been seen for a while) and a range of other players.

Maybe include say 4 - 6 of them in the squad ?
Coming off the Chelsea loss I think it's a bad time to be playing a lot of youngsters.
I don't want too many changes like we tried against Mura.
I would start either of Dilan or Harvey. At a stretch both.
I think it would be a great idea to see Etete at some point.
But we absolutely must not struggle in this game so mainly proven players to start.

Coming off the Chelsea loss I think it's a bad time to be playing a lot of youngsters.
I don't want too many changes like we tried against Mura.
I would start either of Dilan or Harvey. At a stretch both.
I think it would be a great idea to see Etete at some point.
But we absolutely must not struggle in this game so mainly proven players to start.

agree with part of this - but also aware of 4 matches following which will stretch the squad. hence some rotation in this match may help.

Gollini
Sanchez - Rodon - Tanganga
Doherty - John - Winks - Sessegnon
Bergwijn (if fit) - Dele - Gil

Should be good enough to beat Morecambe, right?

we can't take this game for granted, we know how badly the second 11 play
we are play against a team of men we need their win bonus to pay for christmas etc, they won't fallover

We have more than enough evidence to know we cannot make wholesale changes or it will be both cups we exit this week. After the change to 4 at the back in the 2nd half that actually worked, will he try it again or revert to 3 at the back. Tanganga should start after his nightmare match as it may be a while before he starts again.

The idea that we should be wary of "wholesale changes" against Morecambe.
Did you not watch the Europa Conference disasters earlier in the season and last season, The times Poch had to bring on our better players to rescue matches and the Colchester defeat. We look like we are out of Europe and the League cup and cannot afford any slip ups in the F A Cup or it will be another season without winning anything. Not suggesting we play our strongest 11 but it is debateable if it is worth saving players for an almost impossible task next Wednesday.

Obika was in the same primary school class as my daughter, in the school on Worcester Avenue.

Heh, the one by the stadium right? Any good?

Appreciate this is a match thread(!) but we’re currently sussing out primary schools for our eldest. Last week I noticed a signed Dele shirt hung up in the Lea Valley school’s entrance room! :allitongue:

Heard we are playing all the right players.
But not necessarily in the right order.
I am not making this up.
Woman once gave me the wrong telephone number to ring for an appointment.
The right number was 123-4567 she gave me 123-4576.
When I complained she said "Well, only one number was wrong."

I'm Welsh and watch Rodon a lot , Wales generally play with a back 3 a similar system to spurs and he is a ball playing centre half. I don't know what more he would have to do to start over tanganga or sanchez , there must be something going on behind the scenes as it doesn't make any sense why he isnt even getting minutes off the bench
and he has played a lot of games alongside Davies. It's a mystery why he didn't get a start yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom