Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Play the kids. We ain’t winning this (see last night if you need further explanation) & let Conte try whatever we have coming up the ranks.
Let’s focus on the league and keeping Conte here for another year. Splash the cash you bald cunt. If it’s a project then be honest about it.
If it’s an investment then crack on.
There’s plenty of non league clubs I could happily go along to.
Last night still has me fuming.

Total waste of a season for Harvey white if he sees no game time this weekend.
Markandy is another who probably needs to be playing weekly or at least training in a first team environment every day.

Not sure what our development coaches think tbh. Unless they don’t really rate those two players I guess. Not sure when they are out of contract either.

Coming off the Chelsea loss I think it's a bad time to be playing a lot of youngsters.
I don't want too many changes like we tried against Mura.
I would start either of Dilan or Harvey. At a stretch both.
I think it would be a great idea to see Etete at some point.
But we absolutely must not struggle in this game so mainly proven players to start.
But the players are proven to be inadequate to compete at the top level. Why pick PEH ever again unless we absolutely have to? He’s completely out of depth against good sides, can White be any worse? Doubt it

Heh, the one by the stadium right? Any good?

Appreciate this is a match thread(!) but we’re currently sussing out primary schools for our eldest. Last week I noticed a signed Dele shirt hung up in the Lea Valley school’s entrance room! :allitongue:
Yup - St Pauls and All Hallows on the corner of Park Lane and Worcester Avenue.
Still a pretty decent school from what I've heard.
I'd go for that, or St Francis de Sales on the High Road - opposite the ground.

Play the kids. We ain’t winning this (see last night if you need further explanation) & let Conte try whatever we have coming up the ranks.
Let’s focus on the league and keeping Conte here for another year. Splash the cash you bald cunt. If it’s a project then be honest about it.
If it’s an investment then crack on.
There’s plenty of non league clubs I could happily go along to.
Last night still has me fuming.

“Play the kids, we’re not going to win this competition.”

Is there a more depressing and repetitive refrain from fellow Spurs fans?

Sunday is the classic best case/win-win scenario....

Play the 2nd string... if they're not good enough to beat Morecambe, then they have no place at the club who wants to beat the likes of City Chelsea or Liverpool....

The kids can come later (as Jimmy Saville once famously said at the TOTP Christmas Party!!) but for now, let the squad players prove they are worthy of being in the squad, and helping out when the BIG BOYS come to town!!

Against my better judgement, shuffle the pack in a major way... Can't risk our starting XI being weakened any further:

Hugo
Tanganga / Rodon / Davies
Doherty / Gio / PEH / Ndombele / Sess
Gil / Dele​

Last edited:

Oh No 90S GIF by Acorn TV

Is Bergwijn still not fit? FFS

what's the matter with that guy?

At least Sess is back fit. He needs to keep his fitness he had a really encouraging game vs Liverpool. There's a top LB in there and if he stays fit, I'm happy with him and Reguilon (who I think is really good, surprised he's getting stick in the transfer thread)

Total waste of a season for Harvey white if he sees no game time this weekend.
Markandy is another who probably needs to be playing weekly or at least training in a first team environment every day.

Not sure what our development coaches think tbh. Unless they don’t really rate those two players I guess. Not sure when they are out of contract either.
Wasn’t mason in charge of the youngsters? I’m sure he could persuade conte to try a few? Although he did use 2 goalkeepers on the bench v chavs. What’s happened to Alfie, Scarlett , white etc. white has a great left foot and is prbly better technically than PEH winks and skipp. Don’t thing our young players are gonna see much gane time with conte.

Back
Top Bottom