Most depressing Spurs moment

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regardless of whether Chelsea win the final or not, the idea of finishing in fourth place and having to wait a week to find out if it's all going to be taken away is almost to much for this fragile heart o' mine to bear. :defoe:

The most depressing moment today was reading this pile of nonsense, if its vaguely true, jesus.

Besiktas and Tottenham are thought to be considering moves for Chelsea's Salomon Kalou.

eggsoakley said:
The most depressing moment today was reading this pile of nonsense, if its vaguely true, jesus.

Besiktas and Tottenham are thought to be considering moves for Chelsea's Salomon Kalou.

His agent is planting stories - we don't even know who our manager is going to be so how the fuck are we considering moves for players?

Losing 4-3 to Man City in the FA Cup. 3-0 up at half-time, King had scored an absolute beauty, curling it into the top corner with his left and then Barton got sent off at half time. Half-time was spent taunting City fans and singing Spurs are on their way to Wembley. Never before has a game had me deleriously happy only to absoultely crush me, kick me in the bollocks and spit in my face. That one game sums up a lifetime of being a Spurs fan. To this day I never sing Spurs are on their way to Wembley until it's the 90th minute and there's no way we can lose

Every time we lose.

But also learning this past week that NYSpurs has been effectively thrown out of Floyd, its weekend home for the last 6 or 8 years.

Flannerz said:
Losing 4-3 to Man City in the FA Cup. 3-0 up at half-time, King had scored an absolute beauty, curling it into the top corner with his left and then Barton got sent off at half time. Half-time was spent taunting City fans and singing Spurs are on their way to Wembley. Never before has a game had me deleriously happy only to absoultely crush me, kick me in the bollocks and spit in my face. That one game sums up a lifetime of being a Spurs fan. To this day I never sing Spurs are on their way to Wembley until it's the 90th minute and there's no way we can lose

My first game was against Everton in the early 90s and we were 3-0 up at half time. 3-3 FT and I knew what I set myself up for in this life.

And in other news, I'll fucking riot if those knuckle dragging cunts take our champs place...If we get there.

I've had a few, but one unusual one that really sticks in my mind was Everton away in 09/10. I think I must've been in a pretty bad place at the time anyway and one little thing could set me off. We went 2-0 up early in the second half only for them to pull it back in the 80-something've minute. A point at Goodison isn't a bad result but it felt like the one that could cost us 4th at the time. Then we got a penalty in stoppage time and, with devastating inevitability, Defoe missed. I couldn't talk to anyone for hours after that.

There have been plenty of more obviously depressing moments though. The league cup final loss to Blackburn (2002 was it?) was probably one of the first times I can remember feeling really down. I went to my room with a couple of minutes to play, knowing we'd lost but still hoping my dad would tell me about a last-minute equaliser when I returned.

Another honorable mention goes to a 4-0 loss to United. When most of my school 'friends' were United fans. On the same day my cat died.

I didn't go in the next day.

This takes over-
Today it was announced- NY Spurs is leaving Floyd. Sad day- had a lot of memories there -west ham 4-3, filth 3-2, Carling Cup Final, and kicking that gooners stool out from underneath him. This all stemmed from an argument during the semifinal this year. Sad sad day. Fortunately there are 100s of pubs trying to be the new home, but I'm still gutted that nothing could be worked out. In the words of one of the NY boys players change, managers change, kits change, PUBS change, but we will always be the same. Much love Yids- I'm off to go get a drink.

My worst ever was the '87 FA Cup final loss to Coventry, probably as I was that age when it meant the world to me and the FA Cup held such high value back then.

It also felt like it was just our year, that our name was already written on the cup because:

1. We'd won it in '61, '62 & '67 so it followed that after winning in '81 and '82 we'd do it in '87.

2. It was my idol Glenn Hoddle's farewell game before going to Monaco.

3. We'd never lost an FA Cup final ever!

4. Clive Allen had scored about 50 odd goals that season and did again after 2 minutes - classic Spurs scoring too early!

I couldn't speak for a week after that game so I'm not too depressed at the moment, I feel we've been conditioned for disappointment like this for so long.

Back
Top Bottom