Most Random Places You've Seen Spurs Stars

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was in the car with my wife as she was reversing out of the Homebase car park on St Andrew’s Avenue in Colchester, when she had to stop suddenly to let someone walk by. I turned around to see she had nearly run over Ruel Fox. (This was obviously some years ago now, as he used to live in the town. The Homebase is now an Aldi.)
You've reminded me...

I used to live in St Albans. Drove down Verulam Rd to the Batchwood roundabout one evening, about 20 years ago, and this stupid old jogger just ran straight out in front of the car, without looking. Had to slam the anchors on. It was...

...John Motson lol.

I've remembered a couple of others:
Heurelho Gomes in Romford Brewery shopping centre, going into a Brazilian restaurant.
Best of all - Erik 'The Viking' Thorsvedt in Peter Pan's playground, Southend. Got a photo with him :)

Ben fatcha - Harvey Nicols
Ledley - sitting behind me on a flight Barcelona the day after we beat Goons 2-1 at home and he played

No Problem Laugh GIF by HannahWitton
i have not seen him around for a while come to think of it

Gudni Bergsson
Colin Calderwood
Both in (not together) Marks and Sparks Marble Arch
Stefan Iverson Bond street tube
Martin Peters also Bond street tube
Ossie and Paul Miller getting into a cab outside Liverpool street station
Teddy and Pat van den hauwe Italian restaurant Chingford (Smith sisters too)

Seen plenty of non Spurs too

Bobby Moore
Rocastle
Alan Smith
(All in the above marks and sparks)
Roy hodgson
Matt le Tis
(Bond St)
John Terry and family (same flight back from Portugal)
Frank stapleton
Norman Whiteside
Lee Martin
Sammy mcilroy
Jimmy Greenhof
Alex stepney
Ashley Grimes
Stuart Pearson
(Met all at different executive jollies at Man Yoo games)

Not Spurs, but my aunt about 5-6 years back was in NYC and it was pissing down rain, and she saw a man give up the cab that he had called to an elderly woman. She said he was standing there getting absolutely soaked, and when she walked up to him to compliment him for doing such a nice thing, he turned around to greet her and it was Keanu Reeves.

Christian Eriksen on Hampstead Heath. Probably not that random. Definitely not as much as seeing the actor who plays Phil Mitchell emerge from a crappy camper van in a car park in St Albans at one o’clock in the morning and sling what I suspect was a bucket of piss into a hedge.

My only random footballer meet was James Milner about 3 weeks after we lost the CL final.

It was halfway up the steps leading to a water slide at some shitty water park in Malaga.

He was a specimen.

I asked him why Spurs were so shit and what we needed to do to improve. He didn't look interested and said "probably buy some players".

Dawson outside Hamleys on regent street
Aurier drove past me when I was walking to Tescos with Sissoko

Every other player has been near the training ground like Winks pulled out of the training ground when I was cycling past it I got a bit too excited to see a player and almost fell off my bike.

Also when I was younger I went to Wimbledon away at Selhurst park and Chris Armstrong chatted to us and gave us a tour of the Spurs Bus. My brother also met Rule Fox and said he was obstinate when trying to get him to sign an autograph.

Ralph Coates was my football coach for about 5 years when growing up.

Always used to see that Gooner tool Henry driving around central London. Once noticed Gary Lineker dancing behind me in Barbados - which felt a bit odd. Am a bit rubbish with our older players and once had to ask who Pat Jennings was as he had the air of a footballer and I thought I should recognise him. Embarrassing as I was sitting next but one to him at WHL and given the context should have been able to figure it out. In a similar setting took me a while to recognise Paul Walsh.

Ben Davies used to go in my barber shop, but I never saw him in there.

Last edited:
Not Spurs, but my aunt about 5-6 years back was in NYC and it was pissing down rain, and she saw a man give up the cab that he had called to an elderly woman. She said he was standing there getting absolutely soaked, and when she walked up to him to compliment him for doing such a nice thing, he turned around to greet her and it was Keanu Reeves.

He has a reputation for being genuinely nice.

A few years ago I went to a pre-season friendly at WHL with a mate and his boy. We parked the car in the Haringey Irish Centre and decided to have a pre-match pint. I led the way and as I walked through the door there was two blokes sitting at a table, I thought they might be members and maybe you had to get signed in. But they paid me no attention so I walked towards the bar. I looked behind me for my mate and his boy and they were standing at the table chatting away to one of the blokes. It was Graham Roberts and he was book signing his new book.

He is very well known for doing nice things like that to" ordinary" people.
One of the genuine nice people it would seem.

Back
Top Bottom