MOTD Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is that true? Well damn, then yes it could have been red but it wasn't and we scored straight after. Take that Shearer, balding cunt. Hahahahahah

Yeap that's why I thought the red for Redmond was correct in our game at St. Mary's.

It's a weird rule because it makes it even more difficult for the referees. Having to judge whether there's a genuine attempt to win the ball as well as looking for just contact.

They couldn't even bring themselves to admit Kane was a foot onside...Gullet sounded like he got a bollock caught in a revolving door...
Shearer and stuck in his Gullit couldnt, but the show runner did bring up the graphic showing he was onside, and the linesman made a great shout. But highlighting that goes against the narrative of poor little rich boys and the refs have got it in for the oil barons

Shearer on Rooney: "He would play for £50 per week"! WTF??!!! But he doesn't though you cunt! He gets paid fucking £300k pw!!! Forgetting his threat to not play if he didn't get a pay rise!

I have a lot of respect for Rooney's record and what he's achieved in his career but these attemps to make him into a Messiah type figure are equally as ridicilous as the people who refuse to give him credit for anything.

Shearer on Rooney: "He would play for £50 per week"! WTF??!!! But he doesn't though you cunt! He gets paid fucking £300k pw!!! Forgetting his threat to not play if he didn't get a pay rise!

Some people have jobs they enjoy that they'd do for free. If some useless twats they worked with were getting paid a fortune, you'd expect to be rewarded similarly though.

I don't doubt he at least used to be a bit of a bell end. I didn't live a million miles away from Merseyside when I was a lad, and Rooney was a year group below me. My brother was an Everton fan and was banging on about him when he was 14/15. I asked friends in that area about him at the time, and all I ever heard back was that he was an arrogant sod - walked around like a god in school, apparently.

The coverage of our game last night was a disgrace. We were not mentioned once in the 'analysis' other than to hammer a decision. Were city playing themselves? We've been on the wrong end of decisions in Manchester so many times that i have no problems with "what goes around comes around". Seems like pundits don't like it 'coming around' when it's us.

Great point seeing as that was our worst performance of the season. A point away at a rival is always a good point no matter how it's gained.

C'mon people. We all know that controversial incidents will always trump skill, effort, comebacks etc on any platform, MOTD included.

Was anyone seriously expecting anything different?

They don't show and talk about matches for the fans of that team, they need everyone else to watch so they concentrate on anything controversial. Talksport-lite.

Back
Top Bottom