Mourinho's appointment - winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winners

Everyone who wants to stay and play for the shirt and prove themselves

Losers

Spineless snakes whose cunt agents are pushing for an exit

I also think Dele will be a winner too - cunts of a feather and all that - both cocky bastards who love to go against the grain

A reinvigorated Dele can be world-class on his day and we need all hands on deck now to salvage 4th

I disagree on KWP as a loser, he’s not been loaned out, sold or played consistently under Poch. Jose should finally make a decision on him which will help him with his career.

Sadly the real losers will be the youth team and anyone involved in player development.

Again this.
Look at how large number of potential young players have been treated by Poch. Even in current season. KWP, Tanganga, Skipp, Parrott.

We were playing Championship football, but Poch still preferred to play totally underperfoming senior players instead of those 4.

Can you explain, how will youth players situation gets even worse from here???

Think you are bit hard on some of the Losers
Dele can recapture his old form
Wanyama not his fault he got injuried, agree done at top level, but we would all keep taking the money if we could

Biggest winner will be Dier - Jose loves him!

Hopefully the love will rub off on a few others and improve their performance..... Its going to be fascinating to see what kind of effort the team put in on Saturday knowing that the day's of being first choice just because of who you are may be over.

WINNERS

Lloris - like de Gea, excellent shot stopper with good reflexes but poor with the ball on his feet something which Mourinho won't mind much.

Aurier - A new chance under new manager to prove his quality

Dier & Sissoko - workhose, utility players. Mou has always loved these players in his squad.

Ndombele - technically gifted, creative goalscoring midfielder, Mou will get the best out of him by playing him in advanced midfield role like Lampard, Sneider.

Lamela - creative attacking player that doesn't mind a good little shithousery, Mou will fall in love with him.

Lucas - pace merchant, capable of scoring double figure a season and perfect for counter attacking football.

Son - no explanation needed

Kane - see Son

GLC - another creative, technically gifted goalscoring midfielder that doesn't putting in a defensive shift.

LOSERS

Dele - passenger, players Mou usually doesn't mind throwing under the bus.

Eriksen - another passenger

Winks - see Dele and Eriksen

KWP - not good enough, he will never improve any further

Wanyama - wage thief, done in professional football.

JURY STILL OUT

Sanchez, Foyth, Toby, Jan, Rose, Davies, Gazza
Dissagree on:

Ndombele, he's not the type of midfielder that Mourinho likes. (I desperately hope I'm wrong because he's a baller)

Lucas - Is too selfish, doesn't link at all with teammates, lacks discipline and is not great off the ball. Just don't see it working for him.

GLC - I'm talking out of my arse a bit here as I haven't seen enough of him myself (everything I know about him is what I have read and from a couple of cameo appearances) so based on this I wouldn't say he's a player that will NOT enjoy life under Mourinho, I think his work rate is what will impress him but he's a chaos player.

Dele - He will shine under Mourinho. If there was one bit of player man-management during his time at Utd that went well is that he got a tune out of Lingard (who I think is completely average, nowhere near the level of Dele). I think he will play him closer to Kane but also will benefit from Dele becoming more of a diverse midfielder having him play in a deeper role the past 18mths or so.
Eriksen - He'll love him, compare him to Mata (who he loved). The big question mark around him would be where is his head at, if it's not at Spurs then he has to be moved on asap.

The killer you've missed out is Rose. He has always admired Rose and has tried to buy him whilst at Chelsea and Utd. IMO (based solely from the now TWO stories the infamous Sun and now his "I'm going to sit on my contract interviews) he is a cancer in our team that needs cutting out. If Mourinho starts to stroke his ego this could undermine him even before he starts.

What he does with Vertonghen and Toby is also of massive importance, nothing to do with playing two good CB's but it will demonstrate if he has any plans to build a team here.

Last edited:
  • 1Lloris
  • 2Trippier
  • 4Alderweireld
  • 5Vertonghen
  • 3Rose
  • 19Dembélé
  • 15Dier
  • 20Alli
  • 23Eriksen
  • 10Kane
  • 27Lucas

This was United boss Jose Mourinho's biggest home defeat in all competitions as a manager.

That was the 0-3 last season.
JM has to find our best RB and utilise Sissoko to the best he can be.
You would think he would refer Son to Lucas.
We were absolutely shit in that game, one of our worst performances under Poch.

LOSERS

Dele - passenger, players Mou usually doesn't mind throwing under the bus.

Eriksen - another passenger

Winks - see Dele and Eriksen

KWP - not good enough, he will never improve any further

Wanyama - wage thief, done in professional football.

Dele and Winks start, KWP on the bench.

You know your stuff

:adethumbup:

At first I thought Mourinho would try and make an example of Dele but I think it’s clear from the first week that he will look to take Dele under his wing and he sees him as a vital piece of our team

Holy fucking shit, we’re still to kick off under Jose’s command and people already write off players.

Dynamo-Kyiv-vs-Chelsea-Champions-League-group-stage.jpg

I'd also expect to see the following shipped out over time

Wanyama, Rose, Winks, Verts and possibly Dier

not so sure about Winks, a 4-3-3 is perfect for his skill set with Dier or whoever we get playing as a DM. Jose also like experienced players so Verts may stay but just not play as much.

Wanyama is finished no matter what, his legs are gone completely.

Back
Top Bottom