Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A move to Watford would be great for him. He gets to stay in the league, he doesn't have to uproot his family at all, and we get a bit further with the rebuild.

Swap deal for Sarr? £40 plus sissoko be about right. I’d rather Sarr than troare far more end product.
They were asking for £40m for him last year in the Championship. In the PL, he’s probably worth £60m+ to them.

Also, we’d need to pay more if Sissoko is included in any deal.

southampton-fc.gif

Just let's wait for the official announcement folks

Sissoko is categorically one of the worst players Ive ever seen for us, particularly in the modern era.

I am delighted it looks like we are moving him on, and am not going to get all misty eyed about his time here just because he is leaving.

But - never thought of him as a bad guy or anything. Nothing personal, so Ill happily wish him well.

Sissoko is categorically one of the worst players Ive ever seen for us, particularly in the modern era.

I am delighted it looks like we are moving him on, and am not going to get all misty eyed about his time here just because he is leaving.

But - never thought of him as a bad guy or anything. Nothing personal, so Ill happily wish him well.
The narratives swirling around him since he joined have been at BOTH ends of the spectrum and they've both missed the mark by miles.

When he first came in there were people jumping up and down waving flags, not because of how he was or what he might bring to Spurs but because we spunked £30m, utterly bizarre but the same people that did this are still doing it now in the transfer thread, you would had thought that they would have learned but no, they only get excited on the amount of money spent regardless, still bizarre.

So once he was here people then got it all wrong, raging and screaming at him for not being attacking or tearing up the wing but they failed to even notice that bar for a tiny handful of games he was deployed as a deep midfielder. He became the scapegoat, the lightning rod for all the ills of the team with many sticking the knife in still blinded to the position and role given to him.

Whilst he took his time to find his feet in this deeper role he did the very basic job of athletically getting in the way of the opp and with a string of solid but still limited performances his confidence grew and with that he was bringing the ball out of a low-midfield block quickly with some long carries, often with oppo players bouncing off him. Bizarrely this resulted in fans thinking he was Pirlo or somesuch. (I'll never complain directly at fans being positive towards a player as I think this is far more preferable than chucking negativity, lots of upside for the whole team and club). But it was way, way over the top.

At his "best" for us he was difficult for the oppo to play through him, a hulk of a player with an amazing engine on him a player with very, very limited technical ability that meant for all the uncoordinated runs out of midfield with the ball it rarely resulted in anything. There was also a reasonable link up with Aurier that was better than any link he had with Frodo.

I never understood this purchase but frustratingly for me (someone that thought he was a poor player which magnified our terrible midfield and our inability to control and compete in midfield) I found myself defending him from those scapegoating him. Then having to pivot from that to emphasising all his limitations and the detrimental effect he's having on the team to the backdrop of he's Messi or whatever superlatives were being used.

But if he goes in the next few days I will hold out my imaginary fan arm and shake his hand and thank him for his time here, for his hoof up the pitch from a CB position that Llorente got a head to and to knock it down to Dele, who then feed LuuuucccAAAAAASSSSS!

I'm also cheering loudly, our midfield is the jigsaw puzzle that's been at the route of all that's been wrong with us for ages now, Sissoko leaving frees up £100k pw for what is essentially a midfield butt plug.

Au Revoir

He first came in there were people jumping up and down waving flags, not because of how he was or what he might bring to Spurs but because we spunked £30m,
Ive just checked the first page of this thread. Some werent convinced about him, some thought why not but everyone thought 30m was too much for him . No one was excited that we spent 30m on him. You are remembering wrong maybe.

I absolutely disagree. Not nearly one of the worst, not in any position. The 90's and 00's were pretty grim in that regard ...

But a terrible transfer and a walking example on terrible squad managment.

A player who should have been moved on long ago, considering the wages and fee tied up on him. Not his fault at all, sure he's trying his best and everything.

Back
Top Bottom