Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should be so much better than he is...
Is it now just psychological?
'cos something about him made us pay £30m for him... Poch, Levy and the Board can't all be idiots!

Shame, but I just can't see him staying beyond the Summer... even Janssen has a chance after tonights' showing!
I think Janssen is a very valuable asset, and is young enough to improve/learn about the league better. I think he should be kept, and a third, young, pacey striker should be brought in (who could either play with Kane/Janssen or in their place).

Just look at tonight's match: against a packed defence, the ball sticks to him and he excels in laying it off to one of our attacking midfielders as they overlap. When the ball came into Son (when playing as the lone striker), he was too weak to hold it up and we couldn't do anything. That's why, as many have said, Son should be kept in the CAM position and not used in place of Kane.

As for Sissoko, I genuinely think he's very very poor. Doesn't even have an excuse over age/not being familiar with the league. I think we'll be cutting our losses Stambouli-style, and imagine how much better our depth would be with someone like Zaha brought in instead.

I don't like burning down players. Especially one of our own lads.

But Sissoko isn't proving his worth. He did one good thing in the game against Swansea and that was getting the ball in the midfield with a tackle on a Swans player. That's it. Nothing more.
His signing never made sense to me as he wasn't good for Newcastle United as well. He had a good EURO 2016 performance and that's it. 30 million down the drain for this shower of shite.

We cannot have these type of signings anymore if we truly want to move forward as a club with big ambitions.

am i going mad or did sissoko actually look half decent for the 15 mins he was playing at CM. I thought he started the second half well to be fair - got us moving up the pitch a bit quicker.
he's always said he prefers to play in the middle, and i'm sure thats where he excelled for France in the euros, to the point where pogba was sacrificed (posiitionally) for him.

i've always thought hes a more box to box type. he's certainly pretty shit out wide.

Are you sure that is in the right thread?
:kanehand:

mooseusfwryanhagerty.jpg

[thought this was the moose thread........]

By the law of averages, Sissoko HAS to come good at SOME POINT!

I think he's just another Bolasie type - suits an average/scrappy team that don't play technical football.

He's not compatible, and I don't think he should get as much stick as he does (as he's done everything right, save for showing skills he just doesn't have), but I don't think we'll see him in a Nike shirt.

I agree with the previous point. He's frustrating, but it's not like I blame him too much. He puts in a decent amount of effort. His technical ability is just complete garbage. Poor scouting and a terrible panic buy.

This weekend he can make us forget the months of mediocrity, the enormous fee, the terrible 1st touch, the lack of goals - If he finds his form, this weekend Moussa Sissoko could make himself a legend.

Back
Top Bottom