Na Na Na Na Rafa Van Der Vaart Van Der Vaart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

24 goals in 63 games ... can we have more luxury players like this please?!?

Again, I didn't say that he wasn't a quality player for us, just that he required the team to be set up to facilitate him despite only being able to play 50 mins once a week.

I would have kept him. I was gutted when he left, but could see that he was never gonna be an AVB player.

Again, I didn't say that he wasn't a quality player for us, just that he required the team to be set up to facilitate him despite only being able to play 50 mins once a week.

I would have kept him. I was gutted when he left, but could see that he was never gonna be an AVB player.
AVB was a complete disaster. We should have kept Rafa and fucked Villas Boas off.

AVB was a complete disaster. We should have kept Rafa and fucked Villas Boas off.
I see what you did there...
fishing-hook.jpg

Worked so well with Peter Crouch as well. Always knew to get in and around him when Lennon and Bale were whipping in crosses to the big man. He was an instinctive player, that's the sort of thing you just can't teach.

its only in hindsight that we gain a real respect for how good our team was set up in the period 2009-2012. For all the Redknapp bashing ( some deserved ) he knew how Crouch would compliment Rafa & Rafa Crouch, as well as Defoe before him. The appointment of AVB cost us years.....we were already a Top 4 Club when that prick arrived.

He seemed to feel Sigurdsson offered more than Rafa....that alone should have rung all the Alarm Bells...although playing a 4-5-1 system away to a shit Leeds & being done 2-1 was actually the darkest day under that absolute dick

can't underestimate how much he must have done for team spirit in that team. The guy was a winner and always worked his nuts off.
I do wonder though if this could easily have turned negative if he wasn't playing as often. It's quite typical for the guys who get the most fired up and positive when things are going well for them, to be equally as disruptive when they're not.
If he'd stayed I don't think him and AVB would have got on at all.

Very good read

The Big Interview - Rafa van der Vaart 18 July 2016 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

"When I came to Tottenham and the first thing everyone said was ‘we have to win against Woolwich’. Everyone explained the history and I thought ‘okay, we will see’ but when you play and the you win away, 2-0 down to win 3-2, then the 3-3 at home, it was just meant to be that I scored in these games. I loved them, unbelievable. They were great days at Tottenham."

I love it when ex players talk about their time with us with affection and carry that affinity with them. Helps that they happen to be great players [Ginola's another one] but all former players that still love the club. Good on them, gives me a nice warm feeling inside.

I await the smutty innuendoes:pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom