Nacer Chadli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen a couple of reports today saying we have made a move for this guy. To be honest, my knowledge on the Eredivise is pretty poor but he seems to have a good write up.

He can play on either wing and isn't afraid to have a pop at goal by the sounds of it (21 goals in 80 apps for Twente (including 2 against spurs in the champions league :adeohshit: )). Supposedly available for around £7m which isn't too bad considering he should fit perfectly in a 4-3-3 formation should AVB be deciding to go that route.

Has anyone hear seen much of him playing for Twente and think he would be worth the £7m we can apparently buy him for. As much as I love Lennon, he is starting to be a bit too injury prone for my liking and he has always lacked goals which is a bit of an issue when playing in a front 3.

Yawn. Anyone can light up the Eredivisie though, don't you know? Even Americans. I'll wait until he's spent a year at a Midlands club. Then we can pay triple.

Just out of interest, since all I see from you is bitching about anyone we are linked with(which obviously you are entitled to do). Who would you want to bring in this year?

Villa and or Soldado were my strike choices, not thrilled to be getting linked to Benteke either, Pereira for LB? maybe Eriksen for a touch of creativty in midfield.

So what have you seen of him?
When was your first Spurs game btw?

Nothing extensive admittedly but i've seen enough of him over the years to know he's not better then what we've got and i'd much rather give some youngsters a chance then buy average players just for the sake of it.

I've been into Spurs/football in general since the tail end of the 95/96 season.

Villa and or Soldado were my strike choices, not thrilled to be getting linked to Benteke either, Pereira for LB? maybe Eriksen for a touch of creativty in midfield.

Nothing extensive admittedly but i've seen enough of him over the years to know he's not better then what we've got and i'd much rather give some youngsters a chance then buy average players just for the sake of it.

I've been into Spurs/football in general since the tail end of the 95/96 season.

I asked you what was your first game. Never been eh?

I'm sure he wouldn't be a bad signing for £7m but I would rather pay a little more for Jesé Rodriguez. Sure Chadli is already playing in a top flight (albeit only to Eredivisie) but Jesé is quite a bit younger, has been putting in some good performances for club and country and he scores goals which is what we want in a 4-4-3 and at the age of 20 he is only going to get better.

I'm sure he wouldn't be a bad signing for £7m but I would rather pay a little more for Jesé Rodriguez. Sure Chadli is already playing in a top flight (albeit only to Eredivisie) but Jesé is quite a bit younger, has been putting in some good performances for club and country and he scores goals which is what we want in a 4-4-3 and at the age of 20 he is only going to get better.

I agree with you for the most part, but Chadli is not much older and proven at the Champions League level, while Rodriguez is performing well in Spain's second division and the U-20's. I'm pretty happy with this signing if we pull it off. Get Soldado, focus on offloading a few, and it's a solid transfer window for us.

Back
Top Bottom