Netherlands 🇳🇱 v United States Soccer team 🇺🇸🇺🇸

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus, I've wondered what this love was all about...derp on my part! Can't believe it took me this long to put it together. You just want a kit with Memphis on it!

But if you really want him as a player beware as his club play is not always like his NT play. He was moved to ST by the great Bruno Genesio at Lyon. For the first half season or so he played as he does on the NT, unselfish, engaged, etc etc. But then the other Memphis came back...and he's a douche.

Would not want.
Brother I've watched most of his crlareer, I promise you. He's more than good enough for our bench. Better than Lucas, for sure.

But, yeah, almost certainly not a 1st 11 player at the top of the PL.

We were decent but there isn’t enough guile and experience in this USA side to break down the Dutch. For that reason we had to take our chances when we got them, but we didn’t. Could have been a different game if Pulisic puts away that early chance.

The best I've seen the Dutch play by far this tournament, but they still look extremely beatable.
Yeah, they were shit. The Dutch have been by far the most clinical of the big teams in this competition. They'd get an all mighty spanking from a decent side.

He definitely needs starting minutes at a smaller club.

Would probably do great for Leeds. The way they play and also the fact that they also have an American manager. I do think there's a player in there but I can only imagine how frustrating he must be to watch if your a Chelsea or US supporter.

We were decent but there isn’t enough guile and experience in this USA side to break down the Dutch. For that reason we had to take our chances when we got them, but we didn’t. Could have been a different game if Pulisic puts away that early chance.
Eh. Nothing to do with gule and experience. We lack technical ability like we always have and as long as we keep lying to ourselves otherwise we'll never improve. Letting 8 year olds play the sport by mindlessly chasing the ball is our problem and always will be.

I think there's a lot to like about the US. They just need to find a striker and they're also a bit "samey" in midfield. They're all good at the same things and there's barely any creativity or flair there. England often suffer that too when Southgate goes with Rice, Phillips and Mount.

Still say that 1st Dutch goal was incredible. That's football. That's what it us supposed to look like.
Bit of an anti-climax isn't it. Seems like the US blew their load in the group stage. Noticably less energetic today.

Eh. Nothing to do with gule and experience. We lack technical ability like we always have and as long as we keep lying to ourselves otherwise we'll never improve. Letting 8 year olds play the sport by mindlessly chasing the ball is our problem and always will be.

Everything to do with guile and experience, technically you were fine and you keep the ball well but your naivety let you down and you also got done by team with a superior coach and players with more smarts.

Isn’t guile directly related to technical prowess? The sport is definitely not the same it was 10-15 years ago here. The 8-10 year olds you mention are better than they’ve ever been. Especially from a technical stand point. Coaching is better than it’s ever been. How is that not progress?

Pulisic's end product is just horrible. He's great until it comes to that final pass or shot.
He's definitely regressed.

In the past he was a very dangerous player with a good final ball.

He did have the big goal against Iran, but he had a pretty, under the radar, poor tournament overall. Was very selfish today with his decision making too.

Would probably do great for Leeds. The way they play and also the fact that they also have an American manager. I do think there's a player in there but I can only imagine how frustrating he must be to watch if your a Chelsea or US supporter.
Less frustrating until the past year or so. He was/is so young and always comes up with a moment similar to the one against Iran. Now, he needs regular minutes to grow into what he could be.

Oddly if I’m not mistaken, that first season with the Chavs he was very good. Not sure what has happened.

Less frustrating until the past year or so. He was/is so young and always comes up with a moment similar to the one against Iran. Now, he needs regular minutes to grow into what he could be.

Oddly if I’m not mistaken, that first season with the Chavs he was very good. Not sure what has happened.
24 now, so no longer considered young. Still has room for development but his prime isn’t too much different from now. He’s also a player that clearly relies on athleticism so we might not see much more than he is now. But consistent playing time could help his form.

Develop a striker and replace the CBs before the next WC and we will be much better.
Think tournament physiology took its toll on your MF especially, couldn’t maintain that frenetic pressing you did well early days.

Think if you don’t have anyone, USA should seek the Portuguese/Italian route of generous citizenship rules for South American players, then even if you do get really good we can all discredit you = win win.

Is that a mullet? Say it isn't so.....
Mullets are back, big time. Seen some young kids rocking theirs.

Have cut my own hair for over 20years now (even my wedding, did my own in prep), as I age thoughmy desire to give a hoot of others opinions lessens and I now often have a mild mullet, as grade 2/3/4 at the sides takes 5minutes, but evening out the back makes it a job…

Below Deck Party GIF by PeacockTV

Billy Ray Cyrus Mullet GIF by Still The King

Still in your Moms basement listening to Slipknot or have you crawled out of it yet?
Went to see them once (98-00 sometime), mate got free tickets, never listened to them but knew they were rock, they were OK live, never listened to them since.

Back
Top Bottom