New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kappa one is among my favourite kits... this is shit thought... looks like done in fantasy football kit generator. Can't believe someone was actually paid to design it. Tracksuit looks ok from that Vicario picture but nowhere near the 91/92 Umbro one that also had the stripey detail. Modern kits are so underwhelming and we're getting the most boring ones for years now

On a side note what's everyone's favourite kit here?

85/86 my beloved.

IMG_9028-scaled.jpg

91 cup final one of my favourites. The blue away adidas one I liked as well long sleeve. Still have it somewhere. Like it when we play away and play white shirt, blue shorts and socks. Looks good. Normally wear that at Woolwich away.

After doing some research, it appears our kit is comfortably the most expensive in the league.
And that’s compared to other Nike sponsored ‘top 6’ clubs such as the Dippers and Chelsea, so anyone saying it’s nothing to do with the club are clearly wrong.
It’s everything to do with the money grabbing, scummy charlatans running our club.

You can add that now to the most expensive tickets and highest paid chairman in the league with absolutely fuck all to show for it on the football pitch.

After doing some research, it appears our kit is comfortably the most expensive in the league.
And that’s compared to other Nike sponsored ‘top 6’ clubs such as the Dippers and Chelsea, so anyone saying it’s nothing to do with the club are clearly wrong.
It’s everything to do with the money grabbing, scummy charlatans running our club.

You can add that now to the most expensive tickets and highest paid chairman in the league with absolutely fuck all to show for it on the football pitch.
They can get fucked for that money tbh.

Talk about ripping the piss out of it like.

Our kits under Nike have been horrible. I was in the Brighton shop while I was down there and their kits seems so much more likeable bearing in mind we have the same sponsors.

Just seen it - bloody 'orrible, what were the designers thinking?
I get they can mess about with the away kits, but I wish they would leave our white shirts alone. And when is the AIA sponsorship going to run out? I thought we were supposed to be 'never red'.

unimpressed country music GIF by Shania Twain

Just seen it - bloody 'orrible, what were the designers thinking?
I get they can mess about with the away kits, but I wish they would leave our white shirts alone. And when is the AIA sponsorship going to run out? I thought we were supposed to be 'never red'.

unimpressed country music GIF by Shania Twain
AIA bit is bloody enormous, needs to be half the font size MAX. And the kit is just a bleddy mess, should just keep it simple

Don't think much of your (ahem) "research'".....

LFC = £125 for the 'proper' one.

THFC = £125 for the 'proper' one.

New Chelsea one not for sale in their club shop yet.

....Oh and we're clearly charging what Nike dictate. ALL of their 'proper' versions are 125 quid on their website.

Last edited:
Don't think much of your "research'".....

= £125 for the 'proper' one.

= £125 for the 'proper' one.

Ah those pesky facts getting in the way once again!

The prices are extortionate enough - no need for anyone to lie about them to make that point.

I've been saying for months I was gonna buy this year's home shirt cos I never do. No way am I paying those prices though.

Don't think much of your (ahem) "research'".....

LFC = £125 for the 'proper' one.

THFC = £125 for the 'proper' one.

....Oh and we're clearly charging what Nike dictate. ALL of their 'proper' versions are 125 quid on their website.

Ha! Why did I just know this post would hit a nerve of the king apologist himself!

Right, so we’re only going by the “proper” one as you call it, is it?

Of course you conveniently forget to mention that Liverpools “regular” one, which is the one most fans are going to buy IS cheaper than Spurs’ one. And how much do you want to bet that Chelsea’s will be as well when they release it on their site.

My point is valid, we have the most expensive kit in the Premier League. Along with the most expensive tickets. And highest paid Chairman.

But you just keep pushing that narrative whenever you can mate. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
:royaltongue:

Ha! Why did I just know this post would hit a nerve of the king apologist himself!

Right, so we’re only going by the “proper” one as you call it, is it?

Of course you conveniently forget to mention that Liverpools “regular” one, which is the one most fans are going to buy IS cheaper than Spurs’ one. And how much do you want to bet that Chelsea’s will be as well when they release it on their site.

My point is valid, we have the most expensive kit in the Premier League. Along with the most expensive tickets. And highest paid Chairman.

But you just keep pushing that narrative whenever you can mate. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
:royaltongue:
I'm no fan of the kit... or the price inflation of them seemingly year on year, but I don't quite agree with this.

Our 'regular' one: £84.99

Liverpool's 'regular' one: £84.99

Weirdly, the only reason you can buy the Liverpool kit a little more cheaply is because their official website sells it for £80. Very surprising that they do so, and would be surprised if almost any other clubs would.

Hell, if you look at Chelsea's kit for last season (i.e. 23/24), it's selling for £84.99 too which is in fact five pounds higher than the £79.99 RRP for our equivalent shirt.

Adidas, for comparison, appear to be £80 for their regular 24/25 kits across the board (and £110 for the 'authentic' ones compared to Nike's £125). While I can get on board with complaints about ticket pricing decisions etc by ENIC and co, I think this is simply a Nike issue.

Save your shit..... You already lied about the Chav kit pricing (when it's not even available!).......

.....And proceeded to throw around bollocks like "comfortably more expensive" as if there's a significant difference rendering other Nike kits significantly more affordable.

"Narratives" indeed. Twat.

EDIT: The poster above me just schooled you too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom