New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
De Boer now bookies favourite for what it's worth, I started that crusade 3 days ago for him to be appointed, I hope it's true, but probably will be one of the other bad candidates instead

De Boer now bookies favourite for what it's worth, I started that crusade 3 days ago for him to be appointed, I hope it's true, but probably will be one of the other bad candidates instead

I dont know a great deal about him as a manager, but if its in the Ajax tradition we could do a lot worse I guess

I dont know a great deal about him as a manager, but if its in the Ajax tradition we could do a lot worse I guess

I just look at him and he looks a winner, yes the football philosophy is there, he had vertonghen as captain and got best out of eriksen he knows everyone in Europe would not be a joke in the media and at 43 is perfect age for a project, he must be bored of winning the Dutch title now and want the ultimate challenge, he has less flaws than every other candidate

I'd love for De Boer to be given the opportunity but he's got to be more than a bit wary at the fate of his would-be predecessors. Just hoping the chance to reunite with Jan and Eriksen might make him seriously consider.

He is still favourite with the bookies
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham/next-permanent-manager

But remember Redknapp WAS the next England manager, so who the hell knows - all I know is that if Frank doesn't want to come then we really are in the shitter as like the players January window, its not easy getting a good manager as good managers dont tend to be sniffing around a week before Christmas

"Through various channels it has become clear to me that Spurs are interested, but the club has not approached Ajax.
"So for us there is not much to say about it. Frank focuses entirely on Ajax."

Doesn't exactly sound like 'ruling out' to me.
Agreed- it's trendy to bash Spurs now (to be fair it was liverpools turn a couple years back). Don't read too much into most of these articles.

"Through various channels it has become clear to me that Spurs are interested, but the club has not approached Ajax.
"So for us there is not much to say about it. Frank focuses entirely on Ajax."

Doesn't exactly sound like 'ruling out' to me.

Exactly what I thought. It sounds much more like the expected "Im not talking about it until there is official contact".

Another name to throw into the hat is Fatih Terim. He's only returned as interrim manager at Turkey at the moment (who aren't going to the WC but won 3 of their last 4 matches since he returned) and they guy has had a pretty strong career. The only issue I have is that his English is OK (at best) so he might struggle with the media and would need a Turkish #2 to handle some of the instructions.

I'd certainly rather have Hiddink but Terim also has pretty strong credentials.

zCiiQzL.png

Saw this on my facebook. Not going to say its genuine because I dont know the person that well... But it could well be.

Back
Top Bottom