New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gonna be worth the wait.

That is, despite the groaning, the important thing.

I remember 10 or so years ago when it was mentioned about a new stadium thinking to myself, that'll never happen.

Here we are a few months away from opening. I have zero complaints. It's happening.

image.php

Starting to clear the temporary wooden flooring from outside the main west stand.

A few signs have appeared below the north west stairs to help direct passers by and much of that area has been completely opened up for public use.

Lots of main framework done to south west area (above and south of TV screen) over last couple of days and a plié of what looks like cladding panels in front of West stand entrance, so hopefully that will mostly be finished by the end of the week

I very much like the 3rd pic - which is essentially the view the away fans will have of the single tier stand
They will still vent at the "posher" fans sat next to them thinking they are hard. Always made me laugh at the old place, for about 5yrs my seat was in the lower tier SW corner right next to the away fans, all the fury was directed to that block which was full of Asian tourists and Lilywhite Lounge Executive ticket holders, completely wasted.

GafkbMv.jpg

Inside of the south stand looking out - just so impressive

Outside the brickwork is half way up the framework of the ventilation shafts, so they are coming along nicely.

Outside and above, the cladding is coming along nicely on the south west corner - I think we could see the cladding/veil meeting at the south west corner either at the end of this week or next week with luck.

So all the signs are the south podium will have the flats/hotel area covered by hoardings and the south podium cleared and opened up during December !

Now this is going to sound really pedantic and very OCD but why do the seats across the South Stand seem to have different shades of blue? Only just noticed this over the past couple of days. Am I imagining it? Is it the way the seats are positioned? Either way its doing my head in!!

I remember 10 or so years ago when it was mentioned about a new stadium thinking to myself, that'll never happen.

Here we are a few months away from opening. I have zero complaints. It's happening.

Was only about 3 years ago several posters on here were adamant not a single brick would be laid. That the grounds were being cleared and prepped for a sell off. :levyeyes:

#Stac‏ @Stacey1882
On the train on way home at last, just read message in full and I need to reply to him really. To put everyone's mind at rest the target for test games is in Jan, with fire marshalls being in place as a temporary measure. Which will be signed off, yes to me that is doable.

This guy claims to have the inside track from electricians working on site, and has been pretty negative for months on the opening date - although likely he does not
have access to all information he seems to know the steps necessary to solve the 'critical safety systems' issues, so he's definitely not a complete WUM.

So good news is he's now forecasting test events in January,

With the same info on his twitter feed, IMO the first test event could be scheduled in mid to late December, provided Spurs were confident enough to announce it in good time (within next 10 days ?) to fans, police and anyone needing to know......

Looking good whichever date though !

Back
Top Bottom